Hello, Cagesiders! Welcome to the Cageside Seats Week in Wrestling once again!
What happened last week? Find out below, Cagesiders.
- John Cena proposed to change the stipulation of his Payback match with Ryback to a Three Stages of Hell match consisting of Lumberjack, Table and Ambulance matches. Ryback agreed to the new stips. Paul Heyman then came out with Curtis Axel and they challenged Cena to a fight later on, which he accepted.
- Alberto Del Rio pinned Big E Langston (with AJ Lee) when he threw Langston head first into a turnbuckle that AJ had exposed earlier on. After the match, AJ gave Langston a tongue lashing for the loss.
- Kane told Daniel Bryan to cut out the weak link crap, leading to another argument between the two partners when Bret Hart appeared and gave Bryan some encouraging words, which cheered him up, but annoyed Kane as he had given him similar pep talks in the past.
- In a WWE United States Championship Match, Dean Ambrose pinned Kofi Kingston with the Headlock Driver to retain the title. After the match, Team Hell No hit the ring and cleared the Shield out of it to get ready for their title match after the break.
- In a WWE Tag Team Championship Match, The Shield's Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns defeated Team Hell No when Rollins pinned Daniel Bryan with a flying knee.
- Fandango pinned Wade Barrett in a match where The Miz was voted to be the special guest referee (instead of being the guest ring announcer or commentator) when Miz hit the Skull Crushing Finale on Barrett in retaliation for being thrown out of the way for checking on Fandango while he was tied up in the ropes. After the match, The Miz kicked Fandango in the head while he celebrated, Summer Rae in the process fell on top of her dance partner and Miz counted three again.
- Shawn Michaels tried to warn John Cena about his upcoming confrontation with Curtis Axel, but Cena threw his concern back in his face.
- Tons of Funk & The Great Khali defeated 3MB when Brodus Clay pinned Heath Slater with a big splash. After the match, the victorious babyfaces sung Happy Birthday to Natalya.
- During a Highlight Reel segment with Paul Heyman, Chris Jericho challenged CM Punk to a match at Payback, which Heyman eventually accepted.
- The Bella Twins defeated Kaitlyn & Natalya when Brie Bella pinned Natalya after Kaitlyn accidentally speared her partner.
- Bret Hart tried to convince Curtis Axel to get away from Paul Heyman, but Axel said that Heyman was the only one who has ever believed in him.
- A Wyatt Family vignette aired.
- Sheamus & Randy Orton defeated The Rhodes Scholars when Sheamus pinned Damien Sandow with the Brogue Kick.
- Curtis Axel defeated John Cena by count out when Cena got distracted by Ryback's ambulance and started brawling with him on the outside.
- The Wyatt Family (Luke Harper & Erick Rowan) defeated Travis Tyler & Sawyer Fulton when Harper pinned Fulton with a discus clothesline.
- Stephanie McMahon announced that there would be a tournament to crown the first NXT Women's Champion featuring both NXT and WWE Divas.
- Emma submitted Audrey Marie with the Emma Lock, a bridging inverted Indian deathlock and reverse chinlock combination hold.
- D² (Scott Dawson & Garrett Dylan) defeated Jake Carter & Brandon Traven when Dylan pinned Traven with a double axe-handle off the second rope.
- Big E Langston squashed Derrick Bateman with the Big Ending.
- Bo Dallas won an 18-man Battle Royal to become the #1 contender for the NXT Championship when he last eliminated his tag team partner Adrian Neville.
- Sheamus pinned Wade Barrett with the Brogue Kick. After the match, The Miz and Wade Barrett had a stare down while Miz slow hand clapped Barrett.
- Antonio Cesaro pinned Justin Gabriel with the Neutralizer.
- R-Truth & Tons of Funk defeated 3MB when R-Truth pinned Jinder Mahal with the Lie Detector.
Superstars (May 30th)
- R-Truth pinned Antonio Cesaro with the Lie Detector.
- Justin Gabriel & Sin Cara defeated The Prime Time Players when Justin Gabriel pinned Darren Young.
- Kane pinned Seth Rollins with the chokeslam after an assist from Daniel Bryan.
- Roman Reigns defeated Daniel Bryan by disqualification when Kane punched Reigns in retaliation. After the match, Bryan was really pissed at Kane for costing him the match and they squabbled all the way to the back.
- Damien Sandow bragged about how he taught Sheamus a lesson last week about how physical strength will never be superior to mental strength. Sandow had a new challenge this week, three cups, one ball in one of the cups, the old three card monty deal. Sheamus came out and picked the wrong cup twice, leading to much mocking by The Beacon of Light in a Harbor of Inequity. Of course, the third cup didn't have a ball in it either, leading to Sheamus nailing Sandow with the Brogue Kick.
- Curtis Axel pinned Sin Cara again, this time with the Perfectplex.
- Big E. Langston pinned Alberto Del Rio with the Big Ending when AJ Lee's interference worked this time.
- Ryback squashed Kofi Kingston with the Shell Shock. After the match, Ryback power bombed Kingston through three tables and Kofi was carried out on a stretcher.
- Chris Jericho submitted Cody Rhodes with the Walls of Jericho.
- Randy Orton defeated Dean Ambrose by disqualification when Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns interfered. After the match, Team Hell No made the save for Orton.
- Sting & Joseph Park defeated Team 3D when Sting pinned Devon with the Scorpion Death Drop after the heels were distracted by Abyss's theme music.
- Kurt Angle cut a promo on AJ Styles, saying that they both have a mutual respect for each other but there'll be hell to pay at Slammiversary and he'll be watching AJ's match very closely tonight, literally.
- Dixie Carter announced that at Slammiversary she would reveal the next inductee into the company's Hall of Fame. Garrett Bischoff, Doc & Wes Brisco then surrounded her before Samoa Joe & Magnus made the save.
- Samoa Joe then defeated Garrett Bischoff by disqualification when Doc & Wes Brisco interfered. After the match, Joe issued a challenge for Slammiversary against the three Aces & 8s members and revealed that the third member of their team would be the returning Jeff Hardy.
- Hulk Hogan was concerned about the look in his daughter Brooke's eyes when Bully Ray told her that he still loves her, and he told her not to fall for that trap again. Brooke replied that she knows the situation but kind of can't help that it still pulls on her heartstrings anyway.
- James Storm, Gunner, Chavo Guerrero Jr. & Hernandez defeated Christopher Daniels, Kazarian, Bobby Roode & Austin Aries when Gunner submitted Aries with the torture rack.
- Bully Ray told Mr. Anderson to take AJ Styles apart later, accepted the challenge Samoa Joe made earlier and officially declared war on Hulk Hogan and TNA.
- Mickie James called out Velvet Sky and gave a disingenuous babyface promo, before refusing Sky's challenge to a rematch at Slammiversary wanting to wait until her opponent would be fully healed from her knee injury. Gail Kim interrupted, wanting the next shot at the new TNA Knockouts Champion and when Velvet complained about it, she kicked her in the bad leg and went for the ring post assisted figure four leglock, but Taryn Terrell made the save before it could happen, while James just looked on at what was going down.
- Chris Sabin & Taryn Terrell defeated Kenny King & Gail Kim when Sabin pinned King with a modified Michinoku Driver. After the match, Sabin started cutting a promo, which led to King attacking him and Suicide making the save.
- AJ Styles defeated Mr. Anderson by disqualification when Kurt Angle attacked Styles, which segued into a big brawl between Team TNA and Aces & 8s. The show closed with Team 3D hitting the 3D on Sting.