Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- We now know who will be in the "red" WWE Title Money in the Bank ladder match, but how will the match for the "blue" World Heavyweight Title case shape up? Well, early promotional material for the event indicates that the Shield will be participating in one of the matches. While this type of material (a local promotional video, in this case) is frequently made before the actual matches are booked and thus, often subject to change, we could have all three of Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, and Roman Reigns in the match. It may also mean that Rollins and Reigns are pulling double duty, as it is also believed they will have a tag team title match with the Usos at the event.
- As you may have heard, Jack Swagger was found guilty of DUI and sentenced to 6 months probation in addition to fines and court costs. Swagger is still out with a severed tendon in his thumb, which initial reports stated would keep him out until the end of June. Rumors indicate that the injury may be more serious than previously believed, possibly sidelining him until August. The DUI is also believed to have cost Swagger a run with the World Heavyweight Championship, though he did not face any official WWE discipline. (That we know of.)
- The Sun Herald published some additional interesting details about the night of Swagger's arrest. Most notably: "DUI officer Louis Garcia, assigned to Gulfport's traffic division, testified Swagger had handed him his credit card when Garcia asked for his driver's license....'It was probably by far one of the worst [field sobriety tests] I've ever seen as a DUI officer for under the influence of marijuana,' Garcia said."
- To follow up yesterday's item, by all accounts, the contracts of Mark and Jay Briscoe with Ring of Honor have expired and will not be renewed. WWE reportedly had serious interest in the duo in the past, but may now be hesitant to sign them due to their recent rants on Twitter, with one source calling them "a P.R. disaster waiting to happen."
- When Sting announced that he was reforming the Main Event Mafia, a number of veteran fans allowed their imaginations to run wild with possible returning veterans to help out "the Icon." Though it now looks like the group will consist of guys already on the roster, making any outside returns a longshot to begin with, two names that can definitely be crossed off are former TNA stars Raven and Scott Steiner, both of whom will be undergoing shoulder surgery.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.