Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Rob Van Dam didn't leave TNA quietly, as he took some shots at the company in his podcast. He said that the one "48 second" video teaser WWE made to hype his return did more for him than anything TNA ever did. He even said that he was approached by fans asking if he was retired while with TNA, feeling like an "ambassador" to try and get them to tune in. In a different interview, he stated that his new contract with WWE is for "more than a couple appearances" and he reiterated that he isn't interested in returning to the grueling WWE schedule full time.
- Matt Striker, former wrestler/announcer/host, will not have his contract renewed by WWE. Striker confirmed the news via Twitter and WWE released their standard "future endeavors" statement. Striker already has work lined up as a commentator for Family Wrestling Entertainment.
- WWE Creative team member and one of the lead writers, David Kreizman, may actually be staying with the company for a little while after all. News came out yesterday that Kreizman would be leaving the company, the third lead writer of the year to do so. Kreizman will now be staying on until the fall to finish up storylines he was working on.
- Rosa Mendes returned to work at an NXT taping last night (June 20.) Her exact role in the show isn't yet known, but it would be her first work with WWE since being sent home from the European tour back in April.
- In an interesting bit of financial news, Stephanie McMahon has sold nearly 2/3 of her shares in WWE since the beginning of May, worth nearly $2.5 million.
- Hulk Hogan's hand is recovering well from the severe burns he suffered last month. Though Hogan recently tweeted otherwise, stating that he is too beat-up to wrestle, it is still believed that Hogan is working out to return to the ring for a match with Bully Ray down the line.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.