Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- As we continue to digest all of the possible new storylines that come out of Monday night's (June 17) Raw, we can add another to the list. WWE has a strong belief that the Undertaker will work SummerSlam in August. In fact, during his match with Kane on Raw, US Champion Dean Ambrose attempted to break out Taker's signature "Old School" move. It will all come down to the Deadman's health and willingness, but it sounds like WWE is making preliminary plans for the Shield to take on the reunited Brothers of Destruction.
- Speaking of the Shield, they received high on-screen praise from none other than Vincent K. McMahon on Raw. Current rumors suggest that this may be planting the seeds for a Vince McMahon heel turn as dissension within the McMahon family (Vince, Stephanie, and Triple H) continues to build. If this ends up being the case, look for Vince to make the heel turn with Triple H as the face and Stephanie caught in between. (Side Thought: Isn't there another wrestling promotion out there doing a father-husband-wife authority figure angle? Hmmm...) Vince and Triple H are being advertised for every Raw through July 15, the night after Money in the Bank.
- After some confusion Monday night into Tuesday morning, reliable reports finally started coming out that Daniel Bryan's stinger injury was legitimate, and that Triple H, who was in the "gorilla position" for that match, finally called for it to be ended. Bryan and Triple H reportedly had a heated argument backstage following the match, surprising many in the back because Bryan is usually soft spoken. The two eventually apologized to eachother and all is believed to be well now.
- As noted yesterday, Dolph Ziggler was held off of Raw with an injury for storyline reasons only. (He did make an appearance at the end to beat down Alberto Del Rio.) The double turn between Ziggler and Del Rio is still on, and the belief backstage is that Ziggler should have an easy time transitioning into a face role with the fans. Technically, (or at least as "technical" as pro wrestling rules can be,) Ziggler is owed a rematch with Del Rio for the World Heavyweight Championship. However, there has also been talk that Ziggler could win his second Money in the Bank ladder match at that pay per view and cash it in on Del Rio soon after.
- In TNA news, Hulk Hogan stated that he was unaware of Rob Van Dam signing a new part-time deal with WWE and that RVD leaving TNA was a "Dixie Carter/Bruce Prichard deal."
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.