Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- John Cena vs. Mark Henry has been announced as the main event for July's Money in the Bank pay-per-view. Henry feigned retirement on last night's (June 17) Raw only to turn on John Cena, hitting him with a World's Strongest Slam, and challenging the WWE champ.
- Daniel Bryan, the man who was heavily rumored to be headed for that main event spot, suffered what appears to be a legitimate "stinger" injury during his no-DQ match with Randy Orton. A stinger is a painful-but-luckily-minor spine injury that can cause a shooting pain in the shoulder and/or arm. He is not expected to miss much, if any, time. (Note: It has since been confirmed that the injury was a work.)
- Speaking of injuries, both Dolph Ziggler and Ryback missed last night's (June 17) Raw because they were not medically cleared to compete. Both are storyline injuries only, and should be back in action soon. Ziggler would show up during the main event match between Alberto Del Rio and CM Punk to attack Del Rio.
- In (believed to be) legitimate injury news, Chris Jericho has been dealing with a knee injury he suffered in last week's Smackdown match with Curtis Axel, possibly a torn meniscus. Jericho has wrestled through the injury, losing in a quality match to CM Punk at Sunday's (June 16) Payback and beating Heath Slater on Raw.
- CM Punk has definitely lost some weight since we last saw him on TV back in April, and it is being rumored that he lost as much as 20 pounds during his time off. The two reasons being cited are to improve his conditioning and to make him look even smaller in comparison to Brock Lesnar, since he will be the face in the two's upcoming feud.
- Yes, frequent Rumor Roundup mention Christian finally returned to WWE TV! After having been cleared medically to return to action months ago, rumors were about about when and where Christian would be back in the ring. Last week, there was reportedly a major push within WWE creative to get Christian an reestablished with a storyline, and it appears that he could be headed for a showdown with Intercontinental champion Curtis Axel in the near future.
- Despite last night's Raw being widely hailed as one of the best in quite some time, the McMahon's, Vince and Stephanie, reportedly still had some beef with the creative team. Specifically, they weren't happy with the handling of AJ Lee's character and have now intervened to bring her back towards where they would like her to be.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.