Everybody who comes to Cageside Seats has an opinion about what's going on in pro wrestling - The Smark's Shoot Standings (S3) are where YOU let us know YOURS.
Cast a vote in the comments. Give us the three performers you think entertained or impressed the most in the last week, and feel free to talk about why. And/or vote for your top performer in our poll.
We also have the outcome of last week's voting, the results of which make up our annual competition for Performer of the Year.
Remember, the Standings are for the previous week - the June 10th episode of WWE Monday Night Raw, Wednesday night's WWE Main Event, TNA Impact from June 13th and the WWE SmackDown that aired on Friday the 14th.
Make YOUR mark, smarks!
Well... This picture shows the difference between an amazing wrestler like Daniel Bryan and John Cena. twitter.com/CMPunkisBITW/s…— Camilosuxx (@CMPunkisBITW) June 13, 2013
• Sandow + super computer = $$$
• WWE's AJ inched closer to her long promised Divas title match, and TNA's Taryn almost stole the show on pay-per-view (PPV) in a very nice week for the ladies in the Standings.
• Seth Rollins was the only member of The Shield to chart, and he is right on the heels of the reigning darling of the group in our annual list while Roman Reigns falls farther behind.
• Randy Orton is doing good work and benefiting from sharing the screen with the real man of steel, Daniel Bryan.
• Kind of a slow week that saw a variety of performers get some love. It seems odd that even a slow week can't get the TNA world champ into the top three when he won on PPV, though. A schmoz-fest with an old man probably isn't the way to a bunch of smark's hearts.
The S3: 2013-14, Week 9
1. Daniel Bryan
2. Damien Sandow
3. AJ Lee
4. (tie) Seth Rollins
4. (tie) Bully Ray
6. Taryn Terrell
7. Dolph Ziggler
8. Randy Orton
9. (tie) Fandango
9. (tie) Paul Heyman
The question was raised last week concerning Bryan's early lead in the annual S3. While I think he can be caught (especially since we don't know what last year's winner will be doing for the next ten months), his early lead is impressive and if rumors about his immediate future are true, he may just run away with the thing.
But a lot of the fun and intrigue can happen in the rest of the top ten or even on the full list. We'll have a complete Standings in a few more weeks at the quarter mark, and hopefully some charts and graphs and things in the not-too-distant future as well.
Remember, your votes and comments drive this thing. So recruit your friends, lobby in other threads for votes for your favorites and let me know if you have ideas that would make it more interesting for you.
The S3 Performer of the Year - through the Week Ending June 8
1. Daniel Bryan - 71 points
2. Dean Ambrose - 42
3. Seth Rollins - 41
4. Antonio Cesaro - 30
5. Fandango - 27.5
6. Damien Sandow - 26.2
7. Chris Jericho - 23.125
8. Roman Reigns - 20
9. Mark Henry - 19.5
10. AJ Lee - 19.375
A primer on voting and the Standings math can be found here.
It's another PPV Sunday, so get your votes in early before Payback clouds your judgement. Catch up on Raw, Main Event, Impact and Smackdown with the videos and other features around CSS - and we'll see you next week for more of YOUR S3!