Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- In what feels more like a statement of fact than a "rumor," Ryback is said to have a "zero" percent chance of leaving Payback on Sunday as WWE champion. John Cena is expected to remain champ until at least SummerSlam, with Daniel Bryan in line to be the #1 contender by the time of July's Money in the Bank.
- What WWE has in mind for the Wyatt Family when they make the jump from NXT to the main roster is anyone's guess at this point, but one of the more intriguing rumors going around right now is that they may cross paths with the Shield. While the Family is traveling to house shows and taking on main roster superstars, there is no timetable set for their first televised appearance. This gives them time to finish up their business on NXT (Luke Harper and Erick Rowan are the tag team champs there) while it gives the Shield some time to navigate through rumored feuds with potential opponents ranging from Rey Mysterio to the Brothers of Destruction.
- Though it has been a few months since it was last seriously discussed, count Paul Heyman amongst those who want to see the WWE and World Heavyweight titles unified. Heyman said as much in a recent interview, going as far to say that the unification bout should be the main event of WrestleMania 30.
- Chris Jericho's band Fozzy has been booked for a European tour August 7-18, making him unavailable for SummerSlam.
- Tamina Snuka suffered a concussion during a recent Superstars match with Natalya. The concussion puts her out of action indefinitely until she passes the required "Impact" testing. Her's marks the third severe concussion of the last couple of months, following those suffered by Sin Cara and Dolph Ziggler. (And the first not delivered by Jack Swagger...)
- Updating some other injuries, Big Show is dealing with a torn labrum and is expected back in mid-late July. The aforementioned Mysterio was hoping for clearance in May, but instead needed another knee surgery, pushing his expected return back to August. Santino Marella is not actually injured, instead focusing on building up his "Battle Arts Academy" gym, but is also expected to return in August.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.