Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The Vince McMahon/Stephanie McMahon/Triple H storyline is expected to be featured prominently in the coming weeks. However, if you think this McMahon soap opera story is just another driven by the infamous McMahon ego, think again. It was actually the USA Network that wanted to see the McMahons return to Raw as regular characters, and the timing worked out well for Stephanie who can bring her children on the road with her during their summer vacation. Where this angle will eventually lead is anyone's guess at this time, but Triple H is still expected to have a pay-per-view match with Curtis Axel at some point.
- In WWE creative news, there is a significant amount of tension backstage right now due to ratings that hit year-lows overs the past couple of weeks. No one on the creative team feels safe and the demands placed on them by Vince McMahon have only made the situation worse. For instance, it came as no surprise to most that Raw was curb stomped by Game 7 of the NBA Eastern Conference Finals last week, but it is believed that Vince still placed the blame on the WWE product rather than the stiff competition. Despite the popularity of the Miami Heat, one of the few teams Vince is said to recognize, he couldn't comprehend why a series involving the small-market Indiana Pacers beat Raw so thoroughly.
- Finally, Christian has returned to the Rumor Roundup! The rumor now is that creating a storyline for Christian has been made a "top priority." Rumors have been abound since he was cleared to return to action in early 2013, but so far, we have yet to see "Captain Charisma" return to the ring. Perhaps with the aforementioned ratings issues, pressure has been placed on the creative team to find something for one of the last surviving veterans of the Attitude Era to do.
- In continuing to pile praise onto Daniel Bryan, his former tag team partner Kane gave his thoughts in a recent semi-shoot interview. Kane stated that he believes that Bryan is the "best technical wrestler" on the WWE roster and has been very successful in connecting with the fans. Kane also reiterated that he has no plans to retire despite his age (46) and that this past year, as part of Team Hell No with Bryan, was the most enjoyable one of his career.
- Speaking of Bryan, plans to have him go over Randy Orton in a singles match at Payback were nixed in favor of the two teaming up to take on Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns of the Shield for the tag team titles. All of the rumors still point to Bryan entering into the WWE title picture by the time July's Money in the Bank rolls around.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.