Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- A few of our commenters yesterday weren't the only ones to notice Brock Lesnar holding the replica world title in Triple H's office and wonder, "What if?" Well, wonder no more because the answer is...no, it probably won't happen. While it certainly got the rumor mill churning, the reality of his "limited dates" contract situation means that we probably won't be seeing Brock Lesnar holding a title in WWE any time soon. Though WWE was reportedly pleased with the event turnout during the Rock's part-time WWE title reign, having it occur during the yearly "Road to WrestleMania" also probably helped. Lesnar appearing only occasionally as champion during the down times of the summer or fall would likely lead to a less desirable outcome.
- Speaking of Lesnar, as expected, his steel cage match with Triple H at Extreme Rules will be the show's main event.
- Undertaker is set to once again undergo some "offseason" (for him at least) surgery in order to be ready for next year's WrestleMania 30. This year's slate of surgeries are believed to be more minor than last year's, particularly the operation on the hip replacement damaged in his WrestleMania 28 match with Triple H. The Deadman has already been in contact with Vince McMahon with his ideas for next year's match, and Brock Lesnar is believed to be his #1 choice for an opponent. John Cena remains a possibility as well. And don't count out something involving the Shield. Taker is the latest big name said to be high on that trio and their future potential, as evidenced by his rare matches on Raw and Smackdown against them.
- Could the reason for Christian's delayed return to WWE be because he's planning on heading back to TNA? According to Dixie Carter in a recent interview, if she has her way, he would be brought back in an instant. Christian was cleared to wrestle earlier in 2013 but has yet to appear on WWE television. He was backstage at the Raw immediately after WrestleMania 29 and rumors were abound that WWE had plans to use him, but several weeks have gone by since then and there has been no word on "Captain Charisma." At one point in early 2013, according to the entertaining and occasionally accurate "Cranky Vince" Twitter feed, Christian demanded a raise. If there is any trouble between Christian and the WWE brass, it sounds like he'd be welcomed back to TNA with open arms.
- Independent wrestler Smith "Big Game" James announced via Twitter that he has signed a developmental deal with WWE. The 300+ pounder was trained by former ECW and WWE star and current TNA commentator Tazz.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.