Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Miz is expected to return on tonight's (May 6) Raw after a several week absence from filming a movie, and may jump straight back into a feud with Wade Barrett for the Intercontinental title. Miz won the title during the WrestleMania 29 pre-show only to lose it in rematch with Barrett on the following night's Raw.
- Chris Jericho and Brock Lesnar are also both expected to appear on tonight's Raw. Jericho is locally advertised for the show in Roanoke, VA and doesn't have another tour date with his band, Fozzy, until May 9. Lesnar will likely return to further his feud with Triple H as they build towards their Extreme Rules match.
- The condition of John Cena's injured Achilles/ankle/heel/whatever is reportedly improving. Few doubted he would miss any time due to the injury anyway, but it's all but a certainty that he will wrestle his scheduled WWE title match against Ryback at Extreme Rules in just 13 days.
- Last week, CM Punk was added to several Raw shows at the end of May and beginning of June. He has now been removed from those shows once again. At this point, it's anyone's guess as to when Punk might actually be returning.
- On Friday, we mentioned that Bray Wyatt is likely to be called up to the main WWE roster from NXT. Another NXTer likely to be called up sooner rather than later is English wrestler Adrian Neville, formerly known as Pac. Both men were in action at WWE house shows over the weekend and both reportedly impressed in their matches.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.