Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Updating the Mark Henry injury situation, he will not require surgery on his injured shoulder. It is the same shoulder that caused him to miss most of 2012 and was re-injured at Extreme Rules during his strap match with Sheamus. WWE brass is apparently not happy with the fact that Henry is taking time off without surgery being required. This has put his planned feud with Big E Langston in doubt, especially now that Langston is teasing a face turn after AJ Lee cost him a match on Raw. (Henry was originally rumored to be the one getting the face turn.)
- For the Sin Cara fans in the audience who are wondering what happened to the Intercontinental title shot he was supposed to get last week on Main Event, wonder no more. He will apparently not be getting the title shot and that storyline has been swept under the rug entirely. Current champion Wade Barrett appears to be heading into a three way feud for the title with Miz and Fandango.
- Since his return to television earlier this year, Jack Swagger has been arrested for DUI and has put at least two superstars out of action, including the current World Heavyweight Champion Dolph Ziggler, but has faced no serious heat for his transgressions. Well now, he has apparently ruffled some feathers backstage for, get this, calling his spots too loudly. You don't need to be a lip reader or have particularly sharp hearing to see even some of the best pro wrestlers call their spots from time to time, but Swagger has apparently been doing it clearly enough of late to draw some attention.
- Speaking of Ziggler, he is being advertised for this weekend's house shows and next week's televised events. It is not believed that Ziggler has passed post-concussion testing as of yet, so it's probable that he won't be doing anything physical in those appearances, but it the world champ should be back on TV in the near future.
- All of WWE's recent developmental signings have received word that they are to report to WWE's new Orlando, FL facility in early July. It is also believed that more cuts are coming for current members of the NXT roster who've failed to develop into main roster talents. WWE is said to want a smaller, sleeker developmental program which, given the plethora of recent signings, means that the cuts could be significant. There may even be a few surprises amongst those who are released.
- Adding to the recent signings is Indy star Sami Callihan, who has been rumored to be signing with WWE for several weeks now. Dragon Gate USA has reported his signing with WWE in their farewell letter to him. Callihan follows on the heels of another Indy star, Samuray del Sol, whose signing was confirmed earlier this week.
- TNA and Extreme Fishing star Eric Young will be undergoing throat surgery yet again to remove polyps (abnormal tissue growths.) According to Young, this is the 16th time he's had this surgery since 2004.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.