Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we will be taking a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The speculation was fun while it lasted, but Batista has put to bed the rumors of a potential return, for now, via Twitter:
- Though not yet official, it is all but a certainty now that the late Paul Bearer will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2014. It is also expected that there will be a push for Undertaker to induct Bearer as well. Other rumored possibilities for the 2014 Hall of Fame class are D-Generation X and WWE composer Jim Johnston. There has also been a renewed push of late to induct Macho Man Randy Savage in the hall next year as well.
- After his match against Triple H at this month's Extreme Rules pay-per-view (PPV), it is believed that Brock Lesnar will be out of action until SummerSlam at the earliest. The Brock/HHH "rubber match" was originally planned for June 2013's new Payback PPV, but was bumped up to Extreme Rules to help alleviate the loss of main event level star power following WrestleMania 29.
- As mentioned in yesterday's "comments" section, WWE has applied to register for a trademark on the name "Crush Couture". It is believed that name will be assigned to a new wrestler, or possibly for a current NXT wrestler being called up to the main roster.
- John Cena will continue to work through his Achilles/heel injury and is not expected to miss his WWE title match with Ryback at Extreme Rules.
- Sin Cara has not traveled in several weeks for WWE and there is increasing speculation that he may be "future endeavored" (aka "fired") in the near future.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.