Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- If you were thinking that there might finally be some backstage heat on Jack Swagger for injuring World Heavyweight Champion Dolph Ziggler, think again. So far, it is not believed that Swagger will face any sort of punishment, official or otherwise. Since returning to WWE action in early 2013, Swagger has dished out two concussions and has been arrested for DUI. (Even if there isn't any heat coming from management, the fans reportedly voiced their displeasure at this weekend's house shows with "you hurt Ziggler" chants directed at Swagger.)
- John Cena worked both Raw branded house shows over the weekend and showed no ill effects from the Achilles/heel injury he suffered several weeks back. He should be good to go at this Sunday's Extreme Rules pay per view where he takes on Ryback. And don't expect that to be the end of their feud, as they are advertised for matches at shows following the event as well.
- Speaking of house shows, Sin Cara was back in action this weekend after a lengthy absence due to injury. He teamed with NXT stars Adrian Neville and Bo Dallas, in what might be a sign of things to come. Neville, a former NXT tag champ, is believed to be getting the call up to the WWE main roster soon and may be teaming with Sin Cara. WWE is believed to want to keep Sin Cara in a tag team (where he was previously with Rey Mysterio) in order to hide his deficiencies and protect him.
- WWE has signed former professional power lifter Adam "Big Country" Scherr, who checks in at a massive 6'7, 375 pounds.
- TNA ring announcer Christy Hemme is apparently legitimately upset with Austin Aries after Aries put his groin in front of Hemme's face during his entrance on last Thursday's (May 9) edition of Impact. This occurred moments after Hemme flubbed Aries' introduction.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.