Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we will be taking a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- There are conflicting rumors about the status of the Undertaker as we head forward. On one hand, it is believed that 'Taker has been written off of TV with the attack by The Shield on last Friday's (April 26) episode of WWE SmackDown. On the other hand, he has a definite positive effect on ratings and they would like to keep him around as long as he is healthy and willing. As we discussed yesterday, there is a chance he could end up being used at May's Extreme Rules pay-per-view (PPV), especially if John Cena is unable to wrestle due to injury. Furthermore, In WWE's ongoing attempts to turn SummerSlam into a stadium show, there is already talk of using Undertaker there. Additionally, there are big plans to use him at WrestleMania 30. With the Rock vs. Brock Lesnar looking less likely, due to injury liability reasons for the Rock, Lesnar is rumored to be a guy who could get a shot at ending the Undertaker's 21-0 win streak. Other names being mentioned are Ryback and, yes, John Cena.
- There is a good chance that Big E Langston's extended attack on US Champion Kofi Kingston on WWE's Monday Night Raw (April 29) is a means to set up a feud between the two for the US title. The trio of Big E, Dolph Ziggler, and AJ Lee was rumored to be receiving a big push following WrestleMania 29, and it looks like singles titles may be in their future. Ziggler already holds the World Heavyweight Championship and is rumored to be getting at least a "modest" reign with the title. It is also believed that AJ Lee will win the Diva's title from Kaitlyn at Extreme Rules. It is there that Big E may be getting a shot at Kingston's US title.
- While there is no new news on the Roman Reigns potential injury front, Zack Ryder reportedly did injure his ankle on Monday's (April 29) episode of Raw.
- As we've discussed here before, Antonio Cesaro's recent losing streak and terrible yodeling gimmick are not the consequence of any kind of backstage heat. Rumors continue to support the idea that his jobber status is simply the result of WWE creative having no direction for him.
- For anyone who has missed him, the Miz has finished filming WWE's/ABC Family's Christmas Bounty and is expected to return on next Monday's (May 6) Raw.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.