Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we will be taking a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WWE toyed with the idea of having Dolph Ziggler cash in his Money in the Bank contract following Alberto Del Rio's win over Jack Swagger in their match at last night's (Apr. 7) WrestleMania 29 (WM29.) Clearly, they decided against it, as the briefcase remains unopened. Ziggler is rumored to be in line for a big push following WM29 and early advertising for the Extreme Rules pay-per-view (PPV) in May has Del Rio scheduled to have a submission match with Swagger.
- Until very recently, possibly only changing within the past week, the Shield was booked to lose their WM29 match against Randy Orton, Sheamus, and Big Show. Something changed in that time that led to the result of the match getting flipped.
- Rob Van Dam is still teasing a WWE return. He also noted that he won't be joining an independent promotion and will be returning to TV soon. Whether that means with WWE or TNA is not yet known.
- Christian is expected to be returning this week, possibly as soon as tonight's (4/8) Raw. It is believed he will definitely be returning as a face and that WWE has a storyline ready to insert him into.
- Sami Zayn, the man formerly known as El Generico, had his nose busted open during his Axxess match on Saturday night (Apr. 6) against Leo Kruger. It is not believed that the injury is serious, however.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.