Although not officially participating in WrestleCon, Ring of Honor (ROH) nonetheless put on a jam-packed internet pay-per-view (iPPV) show with Supercard of Honor VII tonight (Apr. 5) from New Jersey. Come check out the results and a major surprise for the promotion.
Let's get right down to the results:
- Tag Team Match: ACH and Tadarius Thomas def. QT Marshall and RD Evans, via ACH with a cradle DDT to Marshall.
- Singles Match: Mike Bennett def. Shelton Benjamin via Sunset Flip/interference.
- Number One contender's Match: Michael Elgin def. Jay Lethal via Elgin Bomb to become the number one contender to the ROH World Heavyweight Championship.
- 10-Man Tag Team Match: S.C.U.M. def. Team ROH via Gore from Rhino on Caprice Coleman.
- Singles Match: Karl Anderson def. Roderick Strong via Ace Crusher.
- Triple Threat Elimination Match for the ROH TV Title: Matt Taven (c) def. Adam Cole and Matt Hardy, via modified DDT to retain as ROH TV Champion.
- ROH World Tag Team Championship Match: redDragon (c) def. The American Wolves, via rollup to retain as ROH World Tag Team Champions.
- ROH World Heavyweight Championship Match: Jay Briscoe def. Kevin Steen (c) via Piledriver [ via - PWinsider: "German suplexes him, turns him inside out with a clothesline, and hits another Jay Driller, and we have a new champion!"] to become the new ROH World Heavyweight Champion. SCUM tried to interfere, but failed. After the match, Steen shook Briscoe's hand.
In another unfortunate turn of events for those who have ordered iPPV's today -- the stream had significant issues for many viewers, and a large number of viewers streams apparently cut out during the last few moments of the WHC Match.