WWE 'Main Event' returned last night (April 3, 2013) on ION Television from Washington, D.C. with The Miz taking on both Titus O'Neil & Darren Young in a two-on-one match.
And the rest of the show was filled with recaps.
If you missed the show -- and I wouldn't blame you if you did -- or just want to go back and read the live blog again, click here.
To the reactions!
- The Miz and The Prime Time Players squared off in a two against one handicap match, with Miz submitting Darren Young via Figure Four Lock. It...was a match. The Miz continues to be perfectly average in the ring. He has a handle on selling as a face, his shine generally gets a reaction, and he has gotten better on working with his opponent. He just never really seems to be into it. He tries to look intense, but it's completely unbelievable. It's like when you're crying because you just had your heart broken, but you try to force a smile anyway. Except everyone sees it's fake so they can't listen to anything you say, simply because it's so damn distracting. Maybe someday everything will click with The Miz. Right now, though, I don't feel all that impressed.
- On top of that, the long form two-on-one gimmick seemed like a wicked odd choice. Why The Prime Time Players? Why not...anyone else? Why are you going to let this pair go on for so much time? I enjoy O'Neil & Young's work. But they were really straining to get the pacing right. They seemed uncomfortable working against a single opponent. It just never really clicked. I personally think it would have been a far better idea to have a one-on-one match with the partner at ringside. You still get the uneven odds, and you don't have to deal with the awkwardness. Maybe that's just me, though.
- Wade Barrett either needs to learn how to improvise, or get off of commentary forever. He his entirely uninteresting and sounds like he's reading off a script. I really don't need to hear anything he says.
- The rest of Main Event was filled with recaps from Monday Night Raw. Which is just embarrassing. Everything shown is available online, and it's not as if anyone watches on Wednesday night but not on Monday. WWE wasted a half an hour of primetime television before the biggest show of the year. Throw a couple of unused roster members out there. Actually build up a mid-card feud that is not Miz vs. Barrett. Hell, WWE could have done what CageSider ReverendKain suggested in the Live Blog and show a classic WrestleMania match. Who wouldn't have loved to have seen that?
- Because Main Event has given me nothing to talk about, how about some fun Snapple facts to pad the post?
- The average smell weighs 760 nanograms.
- In the Middle Ages, chicken soup was considered an aphrodisiac.
- Dueling is legal in Paraguay as long as both parties are registered blood donors.
- Cows give more milk when they listen to music.
- No two lip impressions are the same.
- The name for the space between your eyebrows is "nasion."
- To remove crayon marks from walls, use a hairdryer to heat the wax.
- Barbie's full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts.
- The temperature of the sun can reach up to 15 million degrees Fahrenheit.
- At the very least, you can say you learned something today.
Main Event was just crap this week. One average match, and 30+ minutes of a Raw repeat. A completely wasted effort from WWE.
What say you, Cagesiders? Do you also feel the disappointment of what Main Event has become? Let me know how right -- or how wrong -- I am in the comments.