Many of our Cagesiders are not only Pro Wrestling Fans, but also Mixed-Martial Arts (MMA) fans. With that in mind, we here at Cageside Seats are providing our community with a place to hang out during the big fights tonight (Apr. 27). The complete UFC 159 fight card is airing in the States this evening with the prelims appearing on the FX Channel, on facebook and YouTube, while the main card begins on pay-per-view (PPV) at 10 p.m. ET.
With the prelims already underway from the sold out Prudential Center in Newark, NJ, you may already be at your favorite sports bar, a UFC fight night party or parked in front of your own screen at home or on your mobile device, but THIS is gonna be the place where you can hang out with all of your favorite Cagesiders while you catch tonight's UFC 159 action.
This match card is hot with a lot of stakes at play, and thanks to our colleagues at MMA Mania we have all of the pertinent details on tonight's Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) 159 event; which is "the most-hyped PPV event of the year so far."
More from 'Mania on the festivities tonight:
UFC 159 is teed up to be a fun mixed martial arts (MMA) showcase this evening from the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., which will begin around 6:35 p.m. ET with the Featherweight fight between Kurt Holobaugh andSteven Siler that will stream LIVE on Facebook.com. Once the 1.5 hours-long Facebook stream ends, the rest of the "Prelims" undercard will begin to air live on FX at 8 p.m., featuring fights between Rustam Khabilov andYancy Medeiros, as well as Sheila Gaff and Sara McMann, among others.
Meanwhile, there are tons of ways to watch the PPV main card tonight, which begins at 10 p.m. ET., featuring the aforementioned championship clash between "Bones" and the self-proclaimed "American Gangster" in the main event of the evening. You can call up Comcast or your local cable and/or satellite provider (DirecTV,DISH Network, etc.) and order the PPV on your television.
For the Internet folks among us, you can also stream the event on your computers using UFC.TV, Yahoo! Sports or UStream, among others. And if you're really in a pinch, you can watch UFC 159 on your mobile phone via the Android Market and AppStore or even now on YouTube.com and Roku. Gamers can also catch the UFC 159 action on Xbox LIVE with the help of their video game consoles.
Want to watch UFC 159 at a local bar? Find out which establishments near you are showing the fights tonight right here.
However, if you need your UFC 159 results as soon as possible, for free, MMAmania.com and CagesideSeats.comwill deliver your up-to-the-minute results. And 'Mania will be offering live fight coverage, including round-by-round, blow-by-blow coverage of all the UFC 159: "Jones vs. Sonnen" action before, during and after the event RIGHT HERE -- featuring our own, Geno "The General" Mrosko and Jesse "Hulk/Hollywood" Holland at the helm, and J. M. Williams updating your open thread right here on CSS.
More details on the UFC 159 fight card, who is fighting who, as well as quick and dirty results updated for you all night long will appear below as soon as possible after each match.
But for now, feel free to get the ball rolling in the comments below on which matches you are most excited about and let us know if you have anything on the line for this high-stakes, high-profile match card tonight, featuring Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones putting his 205-pound title on the line once again against his trash-talking The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 17 Coaching Counterpart, Chael Sonnen for your main event and Alan Belcher vs. Michael Bisping for your co-main event of the evening.
UFC 159 QUICK RESULTS:
UFC 159 Main Event:
- 205 lbs.: UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones vs. Chael Sonnen -- Jones wins his fifth title defense via TKO at 4:33 first round
UFC 159 PPV Main Card (10 p.m. ET):
- 185 lbs.: Alan Belcher vs. Michael Bisping -- Bisping wins via technical decision (30-27 x2, 29-28) round three after stoppage due to an accidental foul (eye injury to Belcher)
- 265 lbs.: Cheick Kongo vs. Roy Nelson -- Nelson wins via knockout (overhand right) at 2:03 of round one
- 205 lbs.: Phil Davis vs. Vinny Magalhaes -- Davis wins via unanimous decision (30-27 x2, 29-28)
- 155 lbs.: Pat Healy vs. Jim Miller -- Healy wins via submission (rear naked choke) at 4:02 of round three
UFC 159 FX Channel "Prelims" (8 p.m. ET):
- 155 lbs.: Rustam Khabilov vs. Yancy Medeiros -- Khabilov wins via TKO (thumb injury) at 2:32 of round one
- 205 lbs.: Ovince St. Preux vs. Gian Villante -- St. Preux wins via majority technical decision (30-29, 29-29, 30-28)
- 135 lbs.: Sheila Gaff vs. Sara McMann -- McMann wins via TKO (unanswered punches) at 4:06 of round one
- 135 lbs.: Johnny Bedford vs. Bryan Caraway -- Caraway wins via submission (guillotine) at 3:44 of round three