Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we will be taking a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- There is some legitimate backstage concern with the Ryback/Mark Henry matchup scheduled for WrestleMania 29 after the two have had some duds at recent house shows. Most infamous was their reported "over the top rope" challenge from a show this past weekend which featured a lot of delaying and rest holds.
- Random WrestleMania factoid of the day: Currently, the second longest undefeated streak at WrestleMania (behind Undertaker's 20-0) belongs to, of all people, Rob Van Dam, who is 4-0 at the "Granddaddy of Them All." Behind RVD sits the Miz at 3-0. In fact, I wasn't able to turn up anyone else still active who is more than 2-0 at the event. Needless to say, it looks like Taker's streak will never be equaled. At least not for a minimum of 17 more years.
- Sin Cara, who had been nursing a concussion suffered several weeks ago in a match with Jack Swagger, has been cleared to return to action. He was at last night's Raw but was not used.
- Updating a few other injury situations: Santino Marella returned to Raw last night and was promptly squashed by Mark Henry. Marella had been out of action for several months with a neck injury. Evan Bourne is also getting back into action at NXT after missing the past year due to injuries suffered in a car accident. Rey Mysterio, who has been out with a knee injury and a "family situation" was reportedly backstage at last night's Raw, but was not used. It is unclear if Mysterio could have wrestled or if he was just visiting.
- Though it is not yet 100-percent official, Trish Stratus has asked Stephanie McMahon to induct her into the WWE Hall of Fame. Stephanie accepted the offer via Twitter.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.