Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we will be taking a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The Shield is likely moving closer to some championship gold. Whether that means the tag team titles (most likely), or each going after singles titles (less likely). There were previous rumors of the Shield beginning a feud with Team Hell No for the tag titles, and seeds were planted for that feud to be picked back up this past week on Raw (Mon., Apr. 8). Still, the issue persists with the lack of quality "face"-aligned tag teams for them to feud with, should they take the titles.
- Mark Henry likely isn't in the long-term plans for the WWE title, as John Cena and Ryback are expected to dominate that scene headed forward. (Some early advertising for WWE Extreme Rules pay-per-view (PPV - May 19, 2013) has those two as the main event.) What is next for the World's Strongest Man? Well, possibly Sheamus. A feud with Mark Henry is said to be one that WWE would have liked to have done during Sheamus' lengthy World Heavyweight Championship reign in the middle of last year, but could not as Henry was injured.
- The "main event" being advertised locally for next week's (Apr. 15) edition of Monday Night Raw, from Greenville, SC has John Cena & Alberto Del Rio teaming up to take on Dolph Ziggler & Ryback. This may be a "non-televised dark match", however. Either way, it does seem to indicate that Ryback is in store for a full-blown heel turn and that Ziggler will feud with Del Rio, at least in the short-term.
- Confirming what most everyone expected, Undertaker is not expected to return to television in the near future. There have been some rumors suggesting that he could be used for a PPV other than his recent WrestleMania 29 appearance, perhaps later on this year (likely at SummerSlam), potentially to establish a feud for what could be his final match at WrestleMania 30.
- WWE officials are currently working with Turner Broadcasting in order to get the rights to various WCW theme songs in order to release them. Many of the songs were written by the multi-talented Jimmy Hart.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.