Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we will be taking a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- As we discussed last week, Undertaker is being advertised for the April 23 Smackdown taping in London, England. It is believed it will be a "dark match" appearance to help sell tickets. Also being advertised for WWE's U.K. tour is Chris Jericho. He will be on tour with his band, Fozzy, in the U.K. already and is advertised for the April 22 edition of Raw, also from London. It is unclear if that will also be a "dark" appearance for the house fans or if he will be appearing on TV.
- Some WWE talent have been experimenting with longer/thicker ring attire at house shows over the weekend, likely in anticipation of the cold, early-April temperatures for WrestleMania 29.
- Speaking of the weather situation, the latest forecast shows a high of 53 with a low of 40 in East Rutherford, New Jersey, next Sunday night. At least there is no longer rain in the forecast for the event.
- CM Punk vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin may not be happening at WrestleMania 29, but Punk is still mentioning Austin as his "dream WrestleMania opponent." Most recently, he said as much in this interview with IGN.
- Former TNA star Petey Williams hinted at a Clash Wrestling event over the weekend that he may be rejoining TNA on a full time basis. He is a two-time X Division champion and last wrestled for the company in 2009.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.