Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we will be taking a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- It is not believed that Rey Mysterio has a torn ACL, as he was told by renowned surgeon Dr. James Andrews that he will not need surgery. He is still expected to miss more time before returning to the ring as the injury heals.
- Randy Orton's rumored heel turn is still on, but was delayed when WWE determined they needed him more in a face role during the road to WrestleMania 29. It is currently believed that his heel turn will occur sometime after that event. Orton, along with Sheamus and Big Show, is currently expected to do battle with the Shield at WrestleMania 29.
- As part of teasing Undertaker's return to Raw two weeks ago, WWE.com released a photo gallery of "never before seen" photos of the Deadman. As shared with you this week on the CSS facebook page, they've now released part 2 of the series, which you can check out here.
- Sean Waltman, best known for his time spent in WWE as X-Pac, announced via Twitter that he has signed a "Legends" contract with the company.
- TNA's AJ Styles is expected to be making his return to television soon, possibly as soon as next week's first Impact Wrestling road event in Chicago, IL. Styles was last in action at the Dec. 9 Final Resolution pay-per-view that saw him losing to Christopher Daniels. On the episode of Impact Wrestling following the event, Styles announced that he would be taking time off and teased a heel turn in the process.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have some fun with them.