Hoss fight at WrestleMania? - WikiMedia Commons
"WrestleMania 29" match update, Undertaker note, Billy Graham at it again, and more!
Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we will be taking a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Ryback vs. Mark Henry at WrestleMania 29 looks a match likely to be added to the card. While the four events at the top of the card appear to be set (Rock/Cena, Punk/Taker, Brock/HHH, Del Rio/Swagger) the undercard is still very fluid.
- Undertaker weighed in 30 pounds overweight last week when he wrestled at a house show in Waco, TX. He is working to lose that weight by WrestleMania 29 in 32 days. Due to shoulder and hip surgeries he underwent last year, he was unable to work out during his time off between WrestleMania appearances
- WWE Hall of Famer "Superstar" Billy Graham is once again trying to get himself removed from the WWE Hall of Fame. His reason this time? Because Abdullah the Butcher was allowed in. Some of his complaints include Abdullah allegedly spreading Hepatitis C via blading and having never actually wrestled for WWE. Graham last made news several months ago demanding to be taken out of the Hall of Fame when CM Punk insulted Bruno Sammartino live on Raw.
- There were apparently some backstage who were uncomfortable with the Rock mentioning Lance Armstrong in his promo with John Cena given WWE's own history with steroids controversy.
- CMT has ordered a series pilot for "Steve Austin's Broken Skull Ranch," a new show to be hosted by Stone Cold himself.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have some fun with them.