SUNDAYS ARE THE S3!
Everybody who comes to Cageside Seats has an opinion about what's going on in pro wrestling - The Smark's Shoot Standings (S3) are where YOU let us know YOURS.
Cast a vote in the comments. Give us the three performers you think entertained or impressed the most in the last week, and feel free to talk about why. And/or vote for your top performer in our poll.
We also have the results of last week's voting, and how that effected our annual competition for Performer of the Year.
Remember, the Standings are for the previous week - the March 25th episode of WWE Monday Night Raw, Wednesday night's WWE Main Event, TNA Impact from the 28th, and the WWE SmackDown that aired on Friday March the 29th.
Make YOUR mark, smarks!
Bully Ray wins another week for his well-executed explanation of "The Hoax". And this picture has nothing to do with that, but once I found it, I couldn't not use it:
I hope she refers to herself as The Duchess of Clooneyville every once in a while.
• Is the positive smark reaction to CM Punk vs Undertaker Punk's amazing villainy, a hot angle around the passing of Paul Bearer or good old fashioned marking out for a legend's return? Methinks it's a combination of all three.
• Paul Heyman can even sell us the ridiculous pile of crap that is HHH's coming out of retirement for a retirement match.
• Will Fandango be the next Brodus Clay or the next Damien Sandow? Jericho can also get the internet wrestling community (IWC) to buy almost anything.
• We love us some dirty heels. I wish Big Show could do a backstage vignette with Austin Aries and Bobby Roode.
• In other news, someone at Cageside Seats loves him some AJ Lee.
The S3 - Week Ending March 24
1. Bully Ray
2. CM Punk
3. Paul Heyman
6. (tie) AJ Lee
6. (tie) Chris Jericho
6. (tie) Big Show
9. (tie) Austin Aries
9. (tie) Bobby Roode
More of the same in our annual Standings. Look for some special features with analysis of the leaders and their S3 results of the past year coming up during WrestleMania XXIX week here at cSs.
If you're new to our little fan survey, a detailed description of how the voting is scored and the Standings determined can be found here.
The S3 Performer of the Year - through the Week Ending March 24
1. CM Punk - 301 points
2. Daniel Bryan - 181
3. Dolph Ziggler - 155.5
4. Austin Aries - 155
5. AJ Lee - 147
6. Damien Sandow - 125.83
7. Alberto Del Rio - 100.25
8. Bobby Roode - 96.25
9. Antonio Cesaro - 93.5
10. Big Show - 93.5
Buzz around these parts has seen WWE swooning heading into their biggest show of the year, while TNA surges. How did you judge the week before the week before WrestleMania?
Give us a vote (or two - if you comment and click), and we'll see you around on the Road to WrestleMania!