Steve Corino wants to murder ROH, Kevin Steen seemed not so hot on that idea. - Photo by John Jewell of Flickr via Wikimedia Commons.
Ring Of Honor celebrated their 11th anniversary with a strong iPPV show from top to bottom that saw Matt Taven become the new ROH TV champion, Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly become the new ROH Tag Team Champions and SCUM declaring war on the company.
Last night was ROH's 11th Anniversary iPPV show from Chicago Ridge, Illinois. We're here, as always Cagesiders, to catch you up with the results from the event, courtesy of f4wonline.com and PWInsider.com. So let's get to them:
- ROH newcomer A.C.H. defeated Silas Young, Adam Page, QT Marshall, Mike Sydal and Tadarius Thomas in a six-man Mayhem match (lucha libre rules) which provided the expected high flying thrills.
- SCUM (Jimmy Jacobs & Steve Corino) defeated Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander when Jacobs pinned Alexander after a spike piledriver in an arena wide brawl.
- BJ Whitmer defeated Charlie Haas by referee's stoppage in a no holds barred match when Whitmer hit an exploder suplex onto a ladder and a series of knee strikes to the head.
- The American Wolves (Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards) defeated The Forever Hooligans (Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov) when Romero was pinned by a double team powerbomb/backstabber move in an awesome match.
- Michael Elgin beat Roderick Strong in a great two-out-of-three falls match. Elgin won the first pinfall quickly after a spinning sit-out powerbomb. Strong eventually equalised the score when he pinned Elgin with a vertical suplex into a backbreaker. Elgin then won the third and final fall via submission with the Crippler Crossface.
- Matt Hardy came out to discuss his TV title shot against Adam Cole at the next night's tapings and got a lot of heat when he declared Matt Taven's title match "an afterthought". This led to Matt Taven upsetting ROH TV champion Adam Cole to capture the ROH TV Title when Truth Martini nailed Cole in the back with the Book of Truth and Taven hit the Moonlight Drive (modified DDT) for the pinfall. Hardy was left stunned that his match with Cole tomorrow wouldn't be for the title. This surprising title switch would be evidence to suggest that Cole is soon to be jumping ship to WWE.
- Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly defeated Mark & Jay Briscoe to win the ROH Tag Team Titles when Jay was pinned after being hit by his opponents Chasing the Dragon finisher (a brainbuster into a kick).
- Kevin Steen pinned Jay Lethal with a top rope brainbuster to retain the ROH World Heavyweight Title in a terrific main event. After the match was a major angle where the whole Ring Of Honor locker room were beaten down by SCUM. The key points of interest were that Jimmy Rave, Rhett Titus, Cliff Compton and Matt Hardy all joined SCUM, SCUM tore down the ROH banner towards the end of their carnage, Steve Corino declared war on ROH and most importantly Kevin Steen just watched on while all this happened, teasing an eventual babyface turn.