Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we will be taking a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- With the 2013 WWE Hall of Fame class likely set, attention is already focused on the 2014 class. Since the ceremony will be taking place as part of the WrestleMania 30 festivities, an event that Vince McMahon is rumored to have been planning out for almost three years now, it is believed that WWE will try to top the stacked 2013 class. The name expected to headline the 2014 class? D-Generation X. Further supporting this idea is the rumor that Chyna recently had a meeting with McMahon to discuss her eligibility.
- The three-hour format for Raw is now expected to remain at least through SummerSlam in August. It is possible that Raw will revert to two hours during the NFL season, when it faces stiff competition from Monday Night Football, then go back to three hours in January for the annual WrestleMania build up.
- There have been some backstage concerns voiced about the possible impact of the weather at WrestleMania 29. Early weather forecasts are showing a high in the upper 50s with a chance for evening rain in East Rutherford, NJ (the location of MetLife Stadium.) We're still ten days out, so keep an eye on the forecast as we get closer. Cageside will keep you posted right up til the day with this info.
- Add another name to the long list of guys potentially looking to make a WWE return: Ken Shamrock. At age 49, this seems unlikely, but with the way WWE has been utilizing part time performers lately, don't rule this one out. Shamrock hasn't performed for WWE since 2000, and has been away from pro wrestling in general since 2006.
- WWE has confirmed the Money in the Bank pay per view for July 14 in Philadelphia, PA.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have some fun with them.