Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we will be taking a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- This is one of those rumors that always seems to persist, but nothing ever comes of it: SmackDown LIVE! However, this time around, it might actually have something behind it. It is apparently under consideration in the distant future, possibly coinciding with a return of Raw to a two-hour format. WWE is already on the road for house shows on Friday nights, so it wouldn't be too much of an adjustment. It would also prevent the results of the show from being spoiled days ahead of time, which happens now when the show is taped on Tuesdays. It would also likely signify a return of the old "brand extension" between the two shows.
- As you read right here several days ago, TNA's X-Division has new rules which were announced on last night's (Mar. 21) edition of TNA Impact. There will now be a 230-pound weight limit and all matches will be triple threat matches. The winner of the match will be the champion, while the person who was pinned or submitted will have to "earn" his way back into championship contention.
- Sin Cara is reportedly injured once again, suffering from a concussion. No word on how long he will be out, but he was not at Tuesday night's (Mar. 19) WWE SmackDown tapings in Cincinnati, OH.
- Backstage word is that WWE is pushing to produce an even more "PG friendly" product, specifically targeting younger children and mothers with programming and merchandise. They are seeking a "VP of Kids Entertainment" to lead this charge. Applicants need to have worked at least ten years in children's programming to qualify.
- Quinn Ojinnaka, a 6'5", 295-pound former NFL offensive lineman for the Atlanta Falcons, New England Patriots, and St. Louis Rams, has been invited to a WWE training camp. He attended one several months ago but was not signed at the time, though he was invited back to this one.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have some fun with them.