Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we will be taking a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- While it is still planned for Brock Lesnar to lose his no holds barred match against Triple H at WrestleMania 29, WWE wants to keep him looking strong for an eventual showdown with The Rock, likely at next year's WrestleMania 30. Both are currently expected to appear on the Raw immediately following WrestleMania 29, where it is believed a feud between the two will be teased. Given Brock's limited work dates and Rock's Hollywood schedule, both will likely take some time off of TV following that.
- There is still some talk of having Shawn Michaels involved in the Triple H/Lesnar feud, but it will likely be a one-off appearance on Raw rather than at the WrestleMania event itself, if it happens at all. Michaels has kept busy in retirement with a number of projects and there is a feeling that there just isn't enough time left to properly involve him in the feud.
- Jericho vs. Fandango is likely going to happen folks. No, this is not a bad dream.
- It is expected that his former Harlem Heat tag team partner, Stevie Ray, will be inducting Booker T into the WWE Hall of Fame. Booker T confirmed via Twitter that, at minimum, Ray will be at the event.
- With Impact now on the road, TNA has laid off almost every Impact Zone employee. The employees were given advance notice when it was announced that TNA would be taking the show on the road.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have some fun with them.