Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we will be taking a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- It is believed that Paul Bearer's urn, which made an appearance on last Monday's (3/11) Raw and was stolen by CM Punk, will continue to be part of the storyline between Punk and Undertaker headed towards WrestleMania 29.
- Speaking of Punk, he was pulled from this past weekend's house show events, likely as a precautionary measure for whatever injury he suffered during the match he had with Kane. He still appeared at the event in a non-wrestling capacity to cut a promo mocking Paul Bearer.
- WWE is teasing returns for Santino Marella and Rey Mysterio in the near future. Marella has missed the last several months (other than one brief appearance at the titular Royal Rumble match) due to a neck injury. Mysterio is dealing with a knee injury and "family matter" that have caused him to miss time.
- There was a rumor floating around briefly that Bill Goldberg had signed a new deal with WWE. Goldberg shot the rumor down on Twitter.
- WWE has signed Melbourne City Wrestling talent Matt Silva to a developmental contract. Silva has the nickname "Juggernaut." Any Australian CSSers know anything about him?
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have some fun with them.