Everybody who comes to Cageside Seats has an opinion about what's going on in pro wrestling - the Smark's Shoot Standings (S3) are where YOU let us know YOURS.
Cast a vote in the comments. Give us the three performers you think entertained or impressed the most in the last week, and feel free to talk about why. And/or vote for your top performer in our poll.
We also have the results of last week's voting, and how that effected our annual competition for Performer of the Year.
Remember, the Standings are for the previous week - the March 11th episode of WWE Monday Night Raw, Wednesday night's WWE Main Event, TNA Impact Wrestling from the 14th, and the WWE SmackDown that aired on Friday March the 15th.
Make YOUR mark, smarks!
The General provided us with our winner's best tweet of the past week, but these pretty much sum up why he won...
• Outside of the former Dudley Boy (who may have received more votes than anyone in a given week this year - the sense of relief at having something that everyone could agree was good happen in TNA was palpable), there was a wide net cast last week.
• Some guys you either love or hate clocked in respectfully. In the case, of Fandango, due to one or two really vocal supporters. Brad Maddox and the World Heavyweight champ had larger bases.
• Everybody loves Ricardo, though.
• The big Wrestlemania angles aren't gaining much tractions with the smart mark set. Only Taker and Punk made a ripple in the S3. No sign of "Twice in a Lifetime" or "I'm an asskicker! No, I'm an asskicker!"
• Our affection for Aries, Cesaro and Roode is pretty much immune to wins and losses, but wins don't hurt.
The S3 - Week Ending March 10
1. Bully Ray
2. Brad Maddox
3. Alberto Del Rio
5. Ricardo Rodriguez
7. (tie) Austin Aries
7. (tie) Antonio Cesaro
7. (tie) Bobby Roode
10. CM Punk
Y'all know the deal with the annual Standings (the particulars of the calculations for which can be found here). I'm tardy in getting a full list of everyone points out, but I will share my favorite tidbit gleaned from scanned said list this weekend: HHH and Puppet H are tied with Fandango for 54th.
The S3 Performer of the Year - through the Week Ending March 10
1. CM Punk - 282 points
2. Daniel Bryan - 181
3. Dolph Ziggler - 149.5
4. Austin Aries - 146
5. AJ Lee - 138
6. Damien Sandow - 122.33
7. Alberto Del Rio - 100.25
8. Bobby Roode - 94
9. Antonio Cesaro - 93.5
10. Big Show - 89
WWE's shows received reviews that were middling at best last week. TNA is generating some buzz, but will that translate into votes?
Catch up on last week's performances with Cageside's comprehensive coverage. Raw, Main Event, Impact, Smackdown - we've got you covered. After that, give us your vote and we'll give you some standings.
Keep your eyes peeled for some changes in scheduling that will be coming up for the old S3. We're pretty excited about it, and hope you will be too.
Thanks as always for your help - this is a collaborative deal that doesn't go without you all!