Our "This date in history" feature keeps chugging along with Uncensored, the World Championship Wrestling (WCW) annual pay-per-view (PPV) event that had a stranglehold on the middle of March.
Uncensored 1997 took place on March 16 from the North Charleston Coliseum in North Charleston, South Carolina, and featured a Triangle Elimination Match between Team nWo, Team Piper and Team WCW.
Team nWo: Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Hollywood Hogan and Randy Savage (with Dennis Rodman).
Team Piper: Roddy Piper, Chris Benoit, Steve McMichael and Jeff Jarrett.
Team WCW: Lex Luger, The Giant and Scott Steiner.
The match consisted of four rounds.
Round one was five minutes in length with one member from each team. Rounds two and three were two minutes with the addition of one more member from each team. Round four had no time limit and brought in the last man from each team. Last man standing wins and participants could be eliminated by either pinfall, submission, or being thrown over the top rope.
The WCW Uncensored 1997 Video Playlist found and shared below has a variety of clips from that night, some may be duplicates however, but feel free to enjoy regardless:
With the win, the nWo earned the right to wrestle for any championship title at any time, anywhere around the world.
And now, from the desk of the CSS Senior Editor, for your viewing pleasure we bring to you:
Additional posts dusted off from the
16 - MARCH
16 MAR 2012
- Has WWE decided on WrestleMania 28's match order? by Sergio Hernandez Mar 16, 2012 4:00 PM CDT - 20 comments
- WWE developmental territory Florida Championship Wrestling spoilers for April 1, 8, and 15, 2012 by Sergio Hernandez Mar 16, 2012 3:10 PM CDT - 2 comments
16 MAR 2011
- An embarrassing week for TNA management only gets worse by Keith Harris Mar 16, 2011 8:22 PM CDT - 5 comments
- Jeff Hardy update: TNA tries to make good, drug case continued again by bix Mar 16, 2011 6:55 PM CDT - 1 comment
- UFC 128: Why Pushing Jon Jones Into the Public Eye is the Right Move by Kaleb Kelchner Mar 16, 2011 2:28 PM CDT - 4 comments