Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we will be taking a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Batista has been signed for the role of Drax the Destroyer in Marvel's upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy movie. Marvel has been on an incredibly successful run with their superhero movies of late (Iron Man, The Avengers, etc.) So this isn't exactly a small part like many current or former WWE superstars get in movies.The movie is scheduled to be released in 2014.
- WWE continues to reach out to former Divas in an attempt to bolster the failing division. They've already brought back the Bella twins and, as noted the past two days, have Kharma, Maryse, and Kelly Kelly on their radar. They have also apparently reached out to Beth Phoenix about a possible return. Thus far, it is believed that each of the former Divas have turned down WWE's initial offers, but that talks are still ongoing.
- Jimmy Uso has been arrested for DUI, his second in the past two years. While the heavy investment in Jack Swagger's push and angle likely saved him from any punishment, Jimmy might not be so lucky.
- TNA is currently in the process of revamping their X-Division. Dixie Carter noted on Twitter that "new rules" will be announced for the division soon.
- Speaking of TNA, we noted yesterday that Rob Van Dam's contract has either already expired or is about to expire. It turns out the contract expired last week and Van Dam is currently a free agent able to sign with any organization. TNA is working on a new deal to bring him back.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have some fun with them.