Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we will be taking a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The long awaited Team Hell No break up may be put on hold for a while. There are plans of having them defend their tag titles at WrestleMania 29. Their rumored opponents? Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston. The two teams have been battling at house shows in recent weeks and a potential feud was started officially on Monday night's (Mar.11) Raw. (Slight spoiler: it continues on this week's SmackDown.)
- There has been some talk of getting Shawn Michaels involved in the Triple H/Brock Lesnar feud as we head towards WrestleMania 29. There are a lot of moving pieces with that match still, including the stipulation, so don't rule anything out. Recall that Lesnar (kayfabe) broke Michaels' arm prior to his match at SummerSlam with Triple H.
- Yesterday, we discussed that Kharma might be making her way back to a WWE ring soon, as WWE tries to rebuild its struggling Diva's division. Also on WWE's wish list? Maryse and Kelly Kelly. It is believed that they each turned down WWE's initial offers, but talks are still open. Maryse recently became engaged to The Miz, which may make her return more likely.
- A Cody Rhodes face turn in the near future is a distinct possibility. It has recently been teased in segments involving Rhodes and potential love interest Kaitlyn. If it does happen, it likely will not occur until things inevitably slow down following WrestleMania 29.
- While WWE tries to bolster the ranks of its Diva's division, TNA has had trouble signing women for their all Knockout's pay-per-view (PPV) taping. Kharma (under her TNA name "Awesome Kong") already turned them down. Now we can add Angelina Love, Roxxi, Traci Brooks, Sarita, Winter, and Rain to the list.
- Speaking of TNA, it is believed that Rob Van Dam's contract expires very soon, if it hasn't already. Van Dam did not appear on last weekend's Lockdown PPV, and isn't advertised to appear on this week's live Impact from Chicago, IL. When asked by a fan on Twitter if he would be at the show, Van Dam replied that he would be in California at that time.
- WWE.com released the logo for their new June PPV, to be called Payback. You can check it out here.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have some fun with them.