Kharma making a comeback? - WikiMedia Commons
WrestleMania 29 card updates, Cena note, Divas update, and more!
Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we will be taking a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- There is a real feeling backstage that CM Punk vs. Undertaker could end up stealing the show at WrestleMania 29. Punk is apparently "all in" on the angle (though there are concerns that he is working while injured.) Undertaker is riding a streak of incredible WrestleMania matches and Punk has shown an ability to coax a good match out of just about anyone, so don't rule anything out.
- One idea that was at least considered a stipulation for the Triple H/Brock Lesnar WrestleMania 29 match was to hold it under MMA rules. The idea was shot down, and WWE is now leaning towards a match with some sort of no disqualification stipulation. WWE.com has been polling fans on the type of match they would like to see.
- John Cena didn't appear on Monday's (Mar. 11) Raw, but he was at the show. He wrestled in a post-show dark match, teaming with Ryback to take on The Shield. (Winning via disqualification.) Apparently, a significant number of audience members at the show were leaving during the Punk/Kane match, believing that Cena was not at the show.
- As we've reported here before, the WrestleMania 29 undercard is extremely fluid at the moment. Only Ryback vs. Mark Henry appears to be set at this time, and even that could still change if a better idea comes along. (The two are scheduled to have a match this Friday (Mar. 15) on Smackdown. (Full spoilers for that show, here.) Vince McMahon isn't happy with the situation and has been a lot more hands-on recently when it comes to booking.
- Along with the Bella twins, WWE is reaching out to other former Divas in an effort to reinforce a struggling Diva's division. One possibility? Kia "Kharma" Stevens. She recently turned down an offer from TNA to appear on the Knockouts Knockdown pay-per-view.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have some fun with them.