Go to sleep, rest in peace. - WikiMedia Commons
Bobby Roode contract update, WWE creative changes, and more!
Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we will be taking a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The unusual situation surrounding Bobby Roode's contract expiration has been "rectified" after it was accidentally allowed to expire earlier this month. Exactly what that means is not yet known, though more details are sure to come out soon. It is likely a new long-term deal. Whatever it turns out to be, he did appear at last night's (March 10) Lockdown pay per view and successfully defended his tag team title along with partner Austin Aries.
- Ryback vs. Mark Henry is definitely expected to be a match happening at WrestleMania 29 now. Expect it to be made official very soon.
- It is believed that part of the reason WWE has been expanding their creative department, which includes looking for a new vice president, is because they were woefully understaffed in order to handle the extra 2.5 hours of WWE programming added within the past year with the third hour of Raw, Main Event, and Saturday Morning Slam. This may explain why there has been such a decline in quality when it comes to the midcard titles and practically everything else outside of the "main event" scene.
- As you may have heard by now, El Generico made his official NXT debut without his famous mask and wrestled under his real name, Rami Sebai.
- House show reports from this past weekend stated that CM Punk was doing some imitation of Undertaker in squash matches against Zack Ryder, including mimicking Taker's post-tombstone pin with the opponent's arms crossed. Imitation, if done well, can be entertaining and generate good heel heat, so hopefully this translates to televised performances. Undertaker is scheduled to work at least the next two editions of Raw, and will almost certainly work the "go home" edition immediately prior to WrestleMania 29.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have some fun with them.