This was the week Velvet Sky won the TNA Knockouts title for the second time - Photo by Mike Kalasnik of Flickr via Wikimedia Commons.
Catch up on all the results from WWE and TNA television shows with the eighth Cageside Seats Week in Wrestling of 2013!
Hello, Cagesiders! Welcome to the eighth Cageside Seats Week in Wrestling of 2013!
What happened last week? Find out below, Cagesiders.
- John Cena kicked off the show to remind us that the main event for WrestleMania 29 is his rematch with The Rock. But CM Punk had something to say about that. Namely that he got screwed out of the WWE title again at Elimination Chamber through bad officiating and he thus deserved the next title shot much more than Cena, who only had to toss a few ham and eggers out of the ring to earn the position. This led to the two agreeing to a match next week on Raw where Cena's title shot would be on the line.
- Backstage, Ryback and Sheamus almost came to blows over the circumstances of their defeat to The Shield at the Chamber pay-per-view. Chris Jericho broke them up, played peacemaker and went to obtain a match for them against The Shield for later on.
- Mark Henry squashed Sin Cara with the World's Strongest Slam. After the match, an appearance by The Great Khali caused Henry to bail from the ring.
- The Miz submitted Antonio Cesaro with the figure four leg lock in a no disqualification match.
- A Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter video then aired where they railed against illegal immigration.
- In what is becoming a weekly occurrence, Daniel Bryan was upset with Kane and didn't want his partner coming out during his match with Jack Swagger later. Randy Orton interrupted, told Kane he wasn't intimidating anymore and likened him to Barney the Dinosaur to set up another match for later.
- Vickie Guerrero made fun of Paul Heyman's stipulation backfiring at Elimination Chamber and told him there are more surprises in store.
- Alberto Del Rio submitted Dolph Ziggler with an arm bar. Afterwards, Big E Langston laid out Del Rio with his finisher leading to Ziggler grabbing his Money In The Bank briefcase to cash it in, but Ricardo Rodriguez stole it off him. However, AJ Lee managed to wrest it back, but by the time she handed it back over to Doplh, Alberto had recovered and he caught him with an enzuigiri to prevent the cash in from taking place.
- We had a Wade Barrett promo to shill his appearance as a silent hitman in the latest WWE movie to be released Dead Man Down. Sheamus over the Titantron claimed the movie was only good thanks to his good friend Colin Farrell.
- Brodus Clay, Tensai & Naomi defeated Primo, Epico & Rosa Mendes when Primo got double splashed by the Dancing Bears.
- Zeb Colter and Jack Swagger gave a State of the Union Address. More anti-immigration heel schtick, as Colter claimed that Swagger would retake the World Heavyweight title at WrestleMania and reclaim America's soul.
- Jack Swagger submitted Daniel Bryan with the Patriot Act.
- Vickie Guerrero announced that her new assistant in her role as Managing Supervisor of Raw was Brad Maddox. Before Paul Heyman could walk away in disgust, Vince McMahon stopped him via the Titantron. Despite only undergoing hip surgery a few weeks ago, Mr. McMahon challenged Heyman to a fight on next week's Raw.
- The Shield defeated Chris Jericho, Sheamus & Ryback in an excellent match when Dean Ambrose pinned Jericho after a top rope flying knee smash by Seth Rollins broke up the Walls of Jericho.
- Damien Sandow's pseudo intellectual jibber-jabber segued into a pre-match ambush on his scheduled opponent Kofi Kingston. R-Truth returned and made the save for his former tag team partner.
- Randy Orton pinned Kane with the RKO after Daniel Bryan distracted his disgruntled Team Hell No comrade.
- The Rock had a big celebration for retaining the WWE title at Elimination Chamber, where he ditched the spinner belt and unveiled a swanky replacement. John Cena came out to confront Rock only for CM Punk to assault him with the spinner belt from behind. The show ended with Punk telling Rock he wanted the shiny new strap.
- Bray Wyatt completely obliterated Yoshi Tatsu and pinned him after a swinging reverse STO. After the match, Wyatt berated his family members Luke Harper and Erick Rowan for their loss last week and made both men wail away on each other as punishment. A few seconds later, all three smiled maniacally and promised to move on from the defeat.
- Audrey Marie assaulted Sasha Banks from behind and revealed herself to be Banks' secret admirer. Gasp, it was a set up all along!
- Xavier Woods (TNA's Consequences Creed) pinned El Local (Ricardo Rodriguez under a mask) with a tornado DDT.
- Audrey Marie pinned Sasha Banks with a face-first slam called the Photo Finish.
- Renee Young interviewed Summer Rae who took credit for injuring Paige and told Renee that in future she should only be referred to as "the First Lady of NXT".
- Tyson Kidd then discussed his recent knee injury with announcer Tony Dawson. Leo Kruger interrupted Kidd, telling him he should have stayed away before kicking his good leg out from underneath him. Justin Gabriel made the save for Kidd.
- The main event between Conor O'Brain and Big E Langston ended in a double disqualification when they got into a full-on brawl and they wouldn't stop when the referee attempted to break them up. After the match, Corey Graves ambushed Langston and then stole his NXT title belt.
- The Big Show seemed pissed off with everybody after his loss at Elimination Chamber: the production people, Alberto Del Rio, Smackdown GM Booker T, The Miz, even the entire locker room who he issued an open challenge to, which led to a series of matches.
- The Big Show defeated The Usos in a handicap match with a double chokeslam.
- The Big Show pinned Brodus Clay with the WMD.
- The Big Show defeated The Great Khali by count-out after a WMD to the outside.
- Finally, The Miz ran Big Show out of the ring to finish this lengthy segment.
- Brad Maddox claimed that the Brickie (Brad and Vickie) Era will be greater than the McMahon-Helmsley Era and even The Attitude Era, and tried to take credit for the upcoming Vince McMahon vs. Paul Heyman match on Raw.
- Justin Gabriel pinned Titus O'Neil with the 450 splash.
- Sin Cara pinned Drew McIntyre a hurricanrana driver.
- The Funkadactyls: Cameron & Naomi defeated Alicia Fox & Natalya when Naomi pinned Fox after a top rope crossbody block.
- Alberto Del Rio started the show by sticking up for all of America's upstanding immigrants everywhere and telling jackass Jack Swagger that he should come to the ring for a slap for his outspoken views. But Randy Orton came out instead, wanting Swagger tonight too for the cheap manner he pinned him to win the Smackdown Elimination Chamber match on Sunday night. This was the cue for Booker T to book tonight's main event matches: World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio vs. Intercontinental Champion Wade Barrett and Randy Orton vs. Jack Swagger. Now can you dig that predictability, sucka!
- Sheamus pinned Damien Sandow with the Brogue Kick.
- Backstage, Kaitlyn flirted with the moustachioed Cody Rhodes.
- Kaitlyn & Layla defeated Tamina Snuka & Aksana when Kaitlyn pinned Tamina with a nasty spear.
- Wade Barrett told Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter that he loved what they were doing. But Zeb put Wade straight, he's not an American either and stealing the local's jobs too, thus he's also part of the problem.
- Jack Swagger pinned Randy Orton with a roll up after Zeb Colter saved Swagger from the draping DDT.
- Sheamus did an impression of Wade Barrett in Dead Man Down by just standing there in silence. Barrett's response was to ask if Sheamus was having fun when he was losing to The Shield, because that was bloody hilarious.
- The Miz submitted Cody Rhodes with the figure four leg lock.
- Alberto Del Rio submitted Wade Barrett with the cross arm breaker. Afterwards, Del Rio and Jack Swagger engaged in a stare down.
Saturday Morning Slam (Feb. 23rd)
- Jack Swagger submitted Jey Uso with the Patriot Act.
- Kaitlyn pinned Natalya with a spear. Afterwards, the two women shook hands and hugged.
- After having a week to mull the decision over, Hulk Hogan announced that Bully Ray was the #1 Contender for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship and thus Jeff Hardy would face him in the main event of Lockdown next month. The favoured son-in-law then came out to say that he didn't deserve the honour and declare a match of his own for later that very night: Three member of Aces & 8s vs. Bully Ray, Sting, and....YOU, HULK HOGAN!
- Chavo Guerrero, Hernandez, Joe Park & James Storm defeated Austin Aries, Robert Roode, Christopher Daniels & Kazarian after Park hit Kazarian with a big splash and Chavo pinned him.
- Rockstar Spud rolled up Robbie E when E started arguing with Robbie T. After the match, E dressed down T and then slapped him one, before scarpering when T took his shirt off and started stalking after him.
- Next, Jesse was told to hit the bricks by Brooke Hogan before the Elimination Fatal Fourway match between Tara, Velvet Sky, Gail Kim and Miss Tessmacher. Kim pinned Tara after Sky hit the In Yo' Face on the TNA Knockouts champion guaranteeing a title switch. Tessmacher was eliminated by Sky after a series of quick rollups. Eventually Sky pinned Kim with the In Yo' Face to become the NEW Knockouts Champion after referee Taryn Terrell forcibly removed Kim's hands from the ropes.
- Samoa Joe defeated Garrett Bischoff by disqualification when Wes Brisco interfered. Kurt Angle limped down to make the save, then announced that he would face Brisco in a steel cage match.
- Rob Van Dam defeated Kenny King with the Five Star Frog Splash to retain the X Division Championship.
- Backstage, Brooke is worried about her father wrestling again, but The Hulkster wasn't sweating it.
- Aces & 8s (Mr. Anderson, Devon & Doc) defeated Bully Ray, Sting & Hulk Hogan when Doc pinned Sting after a big boot. This was really a two on three handicap match, as there was no Hogan to be seen when the bout started, as it was revealed at the end of the match that the rest of the heel gang had kidnapped Brooke and Hulk before it had even began. When Ray saw his family members in trouble he ran down to help them, leaving Sting to be triple teamed and ultimately drop the fall. After the match, the Aces & 8s beat down continued until the show went off the air.