What will WWE have to say about Glenn Beck tonight? - WikiMedia Commons
Rumors regarding tonight's "Monday Night Raw", Undertaker updates, stars making returns, and more!
Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we will be taking a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
February 25th Raw Rumors:
Tonight's (Feb. 25) edition of Monday Night Raw is already shaping up to be one of the most anticipated editions of Rawin recent memory.
And that is despite neither WWE Champion The Rock, nor Chris Jericho being scheduled for the show.
First, we know that CM Punk and John Cena are scheduled to do battle for Cena's WrestleMania 29 championship match that he earned by winning the Royal Rumble. That one is a guarantee to happen at this point. (Or, at least as close as something can be to a "guarantee" in pro wrestling.)
Where things get interesting are the other events being rumored for the show...
First, Stephanie McMahon had the creative team working late on Friday night (Feb. 22). It is widely believed that some time will be spent on Raw lampooning Glenn Beck after his response to the recent Jack Swagger/Zeb Coulter angle.
Secondly, Brock Lesnar is scheduled to work tonight's Raw after taking the last two off. It is believed that he will interfere in the "match" between Vince McMahon and Paul Heyman. It is also believed that Lesnar's likely opponent atWrestleMania 29, Triple H, will be back in action as well to reignite their feud.
Finally, if there was ever a time for Undertaker to return to television, it will be on tonight's Raw. (More about that later...) If he is going to put "the Streak" on the line at WrestleMania 29 against CM Punk, interfering Punk's match with John Cena would definitely be a way to make it happen.
Other Rumors for the Day:
- The return of the Undertaker at a house show on Saturday (Feb. 23) night is believed to have served several purposes. First, and most importantly, it is expected to boost Raw ratings as fans tune in to see what the plans are for the "Deadman." This is similar to the philosophy WWE employs when it spoils events on SmackDown several days before it is televised. The audience tunes in to see the event themselves, boosting ratings in the process. Additionally, it gives WWE decision-akers a chance to see Undertaker in live action and gauge his capabilities in order to plan a future match. It is also believed that Undertaker himself doesn't want to return for a mediocre match, so this was his way of testing his own abilities in a live setting.
- It is believed that WWE will be adding a "general manager" soon for Saturday Morning Slam. (Anyone want to bet on it being Hornswoggle?)
- Rumors are solidifying that the Glenn Beck situation has, in fact, saved Jack Swagger's push. As recently as late last week, it was believed that Swagger was, at minimum, going to lose hisWrestlemania 29 spot if not be suspended outright for 30 days. Anything could still theoretically happen with the situation, but it looks like Swagger is going to luck out on this one.
- It is believed that John Laurinaitis may be making a return to TV in the near future. Exactly what he'll be doing and how he'll be used isn't known at this time.
- William Regal will be returning to in-ring action when WWE returns to tour the UK in April.
- It is believed that Hulk Hogan wanted to put the TNA Heavyweight Championship (currently held by Jeff Hardy, who couldn't tour due to outstanding legal issues,) on someone else for the duration of the company's UK tour. That "someone else" would likely have been Bobby Roode if Hogan had his way, but he claims to have been overruled by Dixie Carter.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have some fun with them.