Everybody who comes to Cageside Seats has an opinion about what's going on in pro wrestling - the Smark's Shoot Standings (S3) are where YOU let us know YOURS.
Cast a vote in the comments. Give us the three performers you think entertained or impressed the most in the last week, and feel free to talk about why. And/or vote for your top performer in our poll.
We also have the results of last week's voting, and how that effected our annual competition for Performer of the Year.
Remember, the Standings are for the previous week - the February 18th episode of WWE Monday Night Raw, Wednesday night's WWE Main Event, TNA Impact Wrestling from the 21st and the WWE SmackDown that aired on Friday the 22nd.
Make YOUR mark, smarks!
He rocks Australia, WWE, robot combat and our lame asses!
- It was close, but embracing his babyface return and another marathon performance in a multi-man match on pay-per-view (PPV) won the Ayatalloh another week.
- We smarks BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD. Kind of interesting that our enthusiasm for the initial darling of the group has waned while our excitement about the other two has increased. More of a case of Dean Ambrose meeting our expectations while Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins have exceeded them, I think. But worth a mention.
- Two of the three best heels currently working on TV tied for fourth, while the third snuck in to the ten spot.
- A few minutes of devastation in the Chamber were worth a few more votes than winning it. But is this the calm before the rising storm of Swaggie Time?
- Antonio Cesaro's job could be nothing more than kicking Miz's ass in interesting ways and we'd vote for him. That he does more is icing on the red, white and blue cake.
The S3 - Week Ending February 17
1. Chris Jericho
2. Roman Reigns
3. Seth Rollins
4. (tie) CM Punk
4. (tie) Bobby Roode
6. Dean Ambrose
7. Mark Henry
8. Antonio Cesaro
9. Jack Swagger
10. Austin Aries
Interesting week, as The Khaleesi remembered a discussion we had about the vote totals dropping now that the S3 was no longer a Fan Post and front paged the poll mid-week. (Thanks, J-Dub!) It certainly resulted in an increased click-based tally.
For this week, I counted the poll's 70-odd hits as three comment votes. I figure that adjusts for potential multiples and general trolling - if you want your opinion to carry more weight, log in and comment. As Frank Reynolds would say, you gotta pay the troll toll.
If any of my fellow process-wonks have an opinion on that or an alternate approach, please let me know. We're a benevolent oligarchy here at the S3.
All the action in the annual Standings continues to be in its lower half. If friend of the S3 Satish_Ram is still lurking, the year-to-date top ten once again IS Jericho.
A full breakdown of how weekly and annual votes are compiled to form the lists can be found in an old post here.
The S3 Performer of the Year - through the Week Ending February 17
1. CM Punk - 262 points
2. Daniel Bryan - 181
3. Dolph Ziggler - 149.5
4. Austin Aries - 141.5
5. AJ Lee - 133.5
6. Damien Sandow - 122.33
7. Alberto Del Rio - 92.25
8. Bobby Roode - 91
9. Chris Jericho - 88.5
10. Big Show - 86
The week in question is an fascinating one, Cagesiders. The build to Wrestlemania XXIX began in earnest. Lockdown, too. And there's also the small question of how you weigh DUIs and green screen internet promos.
Comment or click, then come back next week!