Everybody who comes to Cageside Seats has an opinion about what's going on in pro wrestling - the Smark's Shoot Standings (S3) are where YOU let us know YOURS.
Cast a vote in the comments. Give us the three performers you think entertained or impressed the most in the last week, and feel free to talk about why. And/or vote for your top performer in our poll.
We also have the results of last week's voting, and how that effected our annual competition for Performer of the Year.
Remember, the Standings are for the previous week - the February 11th episode of WWE Monday Night Raw, Wednesday night's WWE Main Event, the Valentine's Day broadcast of TNA Impact Wrestling, the WWE SmackDown that aired on Friday the 15th and WWE's Elimination Chamber pay-per-view (PPV).
Make YOUR mark, smarks!
I don't think this guy was talking about the S3, but I don't know that he wasn't.
41 votes for CM Punk. 41 votes for Chris Jericho. That's the seventh tie. I'm calling it a draw, people!— CmTwEeP (@CmTwEeP) February 14, 2013
- Regardless of how long they had to plan it, CM Punk and Chris Jericho put on one of the best non-PPV matches in recent memory to split the top honors from last week.
- "That's What (he) Do" includes making a big splash upon return and finishing third in the S3.
- Our boi D-Bry continues to put on great matches whether he comes out on top or not, and we're giving him the bulk of the credit for keeping his story with Kane fresh.
- Aries and Roode win the TNA tag championship, and continue to strive to make Impact watchable. Keep fighting the good fight, fellas.
- One of them sounds like Bane from Dark Knight Rises, the other looks like the Penguin from Batman Returns. They're both associated with the Best in the World, and they tied for seventh.
- Being the most impressive diva in WWE is a lot like being the best thing about a Hulk Hogan angle in TNA.
The S3 - Week Ending February 10
1. (tie) Chris Jericho
1. (tie) CM Punk
3. Mark Henry
4. Daniel Bryan
5. Austin Aries
6. Bobby Roode
7. (tie) Brad Maddox
7. (tie) Paul Heyman
9. (tie) Naomi
9. (tie) Bully Ray
Roode leapfrogs Cesaro and the Punkster pads his lead. A description of voting, points and how they determine the weekly and annual Standings can be found here.
The S3 Performer of the Year - through the Week Ending January 10th
1. CM Punk - 255.5 points
2. Daniel Bryan - 181
3. Dolph Ziggler - 149.5
4. Austin Aries - 140.5
5. AJ Lee - 133.5
6. Damien Sandow - 122.33
7. Alberto Del Rio - 92.25
8. Big Show - 86
9. Bobby Roode - 85.5
10. Antonio Cesaro - 82.5
Elimination Chamber brought us one step closer to Wrestlemania, and that means the end is in sight for the first year of the S3. What do you think about those main events? What's next for Punk or Cesaro, Bryan or Jericho, Sandow or The Shield? Can anyone from TNA be heard through the 'Mania noise?
While it's getting late for the wrestlers and entertainers for this season, it's never too late to join in the conversation with your fellow smarks. Remind yourself of all the happenings from Raw, Main Event and Smackdown, over on Impact and Sunday at the PPV. Then comment away, and remember to join us here next week to see how it all sorts itself out!