Hello, Cagesiders! Welcome to the sixth Cageside Seats Week in Wrestling of 2013!
This was the week where Mark Henry returned to WWE and laid waste to Daniel Bryan, Rey Mysterio, Sin Cara, Titus O'Neil, The Great Khali and Randy Orton to book his spot in the SmackDown Elimination Chamber Match.
Meanwhile in TNA, Austin Aries & Robert Roode defeated Chavo Guerrero & Hernandez to become the new TNA World Heavyweight Tag Team champions.
What else happened last week? Find out below, Cagesiders.
- CM Punk started the show, protesting his innocence from last week's allegations of Vince McMahon that he and Paul Heyman had conspired with Brad Maddox and The Shield to keep him from losing the WWE title, despite video evidence to the contrary. SmackDown GM Booker T then came out to announce that Punk would face the winner of a WWE App poll in the main event. His opponent would be either Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio or Chris Jericho.
- Ryback pinned Antonio Cesaro with the Shellshock.
- Jack Swagger submitted Santino Marella with the Patriot Act (a new name for his ankle lock finisher).
- Alberto Del Rio submitted Cody Rhodes with an arm bar. After the match, Del Rio gave a pandering babyface promo thanking the fans for helping him to open his eyes so he could see the light and vowing to get justice for his friend Ricardo Rodriguez by putting an end to the Big Show's bullying ways. Show interrupted via the Titantron from an undisclosed location telling ADR that he's staying away because he can't control his rage, wanting to hold off until he can fight him for the World Heavyweight Championship at Elimination Chamber.
- The wrong person, Chris Jericho, won the WWE App vote, which forced WWE to change the script for the show on the fly.
- Daniel Bryan & Kane squabbled about their recent loss to Rey Mysterio & Sin Cara on SmackDown.
- Daniel Bryan submitted Rey Mysterio with the No Lock. After the match, Mark Henry made his big return by tossing Bryan aside, then destroying Mysterio and his tag team partner Sin Cara when he tried to make the save.
- Daniel Bryan confronted Kane about not coming to his rescue, but Kane told him he was just following his earlier orders.
- In his secure hotel room, Big Show refused to give the room service gopher a tip.
- Sheamus pinned Kane with the Brogue Kick after Daniel Bryan had distracted The Big Red Machine.
- Paul Heyman was The Miz's guest on MizTV and claimed that he couldn't have ordered Brock Lesnar to attack Vince McMahon on last week's Raw, as he didn't even know that his client was in the building. Vickie Guerrero then came out to corroborate Heyman's story, saying that she was the one who had brought Lesnar to the show to re-sign him to the Raw roster, but didn't realize what he was going to do. Vickie then broke down into mock tears and with Heyman tried to lead the crowd into praying for Mr. McMahon's recovery. When Miz started to insult the two "bottom feeders", Lesnar charged down, destroyed his set and laid him out with the F-5.
- Randy Orton pinned Wade Barrett with the RKO.
- CM Punk pinned Chris Jericho with the GTS in a great TV match.
- A WWE Hall of Fame video package aired to announce the shocking induction of Bruno Sammartino.
- The courier arrived at Big Show's hotel with his World Heavyweight title match contract. After he had signed it, a lurking Alberto Del Rio ambushed the Big Show and eventually knocked him out with a fire extinguisher.
- Brad Maddox, playing the insincere babyface heel, blamed his past actions on being manipulated by Paul Heyman and called out The Shield, who quickly triple powerbomb him into oblivion. John Cena, Ryback and Sheamus then came through the crowd to attack the mercenary trio. The Shield tried to bail up the ramp way, but the rest of the locker room came out and cut off their escape. This led to a pier six brawl that Team Cena was getting the better of until the heels finally managed to scarper out of the arena the same way the babyfaces had come in.
- In an NXT tag team title tournament semi-final match, British Ambition (Oliver Grey & Adrian Neville) defeated Leo Kruger & Kassius Ohno when Neville pinned Ohno with a corkscrew shooting star press.
- Conor "The Ascension" O'Brian squashed Mike Dalton with The Fall Of Man (a new leg drop finisher). O'Brian demanded a five count from the referee and spoofed Big E Langston's histrionics post match. This brings out the man himself to stare O'Brian down and plant the Big Ending on him.
- Paige complained to NXT Commissioner Dusty Rhodes about Summer Rae's ambush attack last week. The Anti-Diva wants to "rip the lips straight off of her face" in or out of the ring, and if Rhodes doesn't make sure it happens in the ring next week, then she will make sure there is no NXT. After Paige stormed off, Dusty gave Sasha Banks another rhyming note from her secret admirer.
- Bray Wyatt congratulated Bo Dallas for his 15 minutes of fame after a video package aired of the Royal Rumble Fan Fest event that determined the NXT entrant into the Rumble match which Dallas won. This led to the main event...
- In another NXT tag team title tournament semi-final match, The Wyatt Family (Luke Harper & Erick Rowan) defeated Bo Dallas & Michael McGillicutty when Harper pinned McGillicutty with a clothesline from hell after a timely distraction from cult leader Bray Wyatt. Afterwards, when Dallas refused Wyatt's handshake, the heel trio beat down the white meat babyface. Apparently, "this is only the beginning".
- Cody Rhodes complained about not being chosen for SmackDown's Elimination Chamber Match for a World Heavyweight title shot and staged a sit-in. As Booker T isn't in the building, Sheamus interrupted the protest. They traded bad impersonations of Booker, Vickie Guerrero and Mr. McMahon before Cody took a swing at Sheamus, who dodged it and retaliated back, which led to...
- Sheamus pinning Cody Rhodes with the Brogue Kick.
- Damien Sandow was also upset at the treatment of his former tag team partner, so he vowed to win his match next in honour of his vanquished friend.
- Damien Sandow pinned Daniel Bryan with a neckbreaker after Kane distracted his Team Hell No partner with pyro.
- Backstage Aksana and Tamina Snuka hit on a hungry Brodus Clay, which drew the ire of The Funkadactyls leading to a short food fight between the four Divas and...
- Cameron & Naomi defeating Aksana & Tamina when Naomi pinned Aksana with a leaping leg lariat.
- Zack Ryder pinned Heath Slater with the Rough Ryder after Drew McIntyre & Jinder Mahal's interference backfired.
- Damien Sandow pinned Justin Gabriel with the Terminus.
- The Big Show revealed that Alberto Del Rio was suspended for the night due to his actions on Raw and complained about double standards, which he blamed Booker T for, and also falsely accused the GM of revealing his secret whereabouts to ADR on Monday night. So Booker booked him in a match with Kane, for later.
- Cody Rhodes pinned Kofi Kingston with the Cross Rhodes.
- Daniel Bryan apologised for costing Kane his match on Raw with Sheamus and offered the olive branch of coming out with his tag team partner to help him against the Big Show, but an inwardly seething Kane wasn't interested.
- The Great Khali pinned Titus O'Neil with the big chop to the head. Mark Henry then came out to toss O'Neil aside, wallop Khali with the World's Strongest Slam and announce the Hall Of Pain is open for business again. The destruction was caused because Henry was irked that Booker T hadn't put him into the SmackDown Elimination Chamber Match and he wanted answers from the GM pronto. Booker says if he can beat Randy Orton tonight then he'll have his wish.
- Alberto Del Rio is seen lurking near Big Show's tour bus.
- The Big Show pinned Kane with the WMD.
- Somehow Alberto Del Rio had taken off the wheels to Big Show's bus and put it on cinder blocks. An irate Big Show lumbers to the scene only for ADR to dump a big can of orange paint on his head. A car beeps and its Ricardo Rodriguez in a tow-truck with Del Rio sitting in the back, they then wave at a bawling Show and drive off.
- Jack Swagger tapped out Justin Gabriel with the Patriot Act.
- Tensai defeated Drew McIntyre by disqualification when the rest of 3MB interfere. Brodus Clay made the save and danced with Tensai afterwards.
- Antonio Cesaro pinned Sin Cara with the Neutraliser.
- The Miz claimed that that when he looked into Lesnar's eyes on Raw, stared into the belly of the beast, he saw something completely different, something lethal. Antonio Cesaro interrupted Miz's catchphrase to complain about his whining, which led to a pull apart brawl between the two.
- Mark Henry pinned Randy Orton clean with the World's Strongest Slam.
Saturday Morning Slam (Feb. 9th)
- Kofi Kingston & Brodus Clay defeated The Prime Time Players when Clay pinned Titus O'Neil with a big splash.
- Justin Gabriel pinned Curt Hawkins with the 450 splash.
- Sheamus made fun of the dirt on Cody's lip to his face to set up next week's main event.
- Wes Brisco and Garrett Bischoff were officially inducted into Aces and 8s. They joined because they were pissed off that Hulk Hogan had made them start from the bottom with their family pedigrees.
- Tara and Jesse ran into Brooke Hogan, who complain about flying coach instead of first class, so Brooke books Tara in a match with Miss Tessmacher and bans Jesse from ringside for it. Instead, he has to get her some coffee.
- Rob Van Dam retained the X title in a three-way match over Kenny King and Zema Ion when RVD pinned Ion.
- James Storm interrupted a whiny promo by Jesse, which led to a match where Storm pinned Jesse with the Last Call Superkick.
- Austin Aries & Bobby Roode defeated Chavo Guerrero & Hernandez to become the new TNA World Heavyweight Tag Team champions when Aries pinned Chavo with a 450 splash.
- Miss Tessmacher pinned Tara with the Tess-Shocker in a non-title match.
- Robbies E and T interrupted Rockstar Spud's hometown celebration for winning British Bootcamp. E called Spud's hiring a travesty, which led Rockstar to popping E one when T ducked down to pick up The Bro List. Then T and Spud start rocking out in the ring together, much to E's chagrin.
- Sting & Bully Ray defeated Devon & Doc in a Tables Match when Ray does his best Hulkster impression before chokeslamming Devon through a table. The Hogans celebrate with their newest family member after the match.