Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- It's the holiday season, folks, so rumors are really light around now. Bear with me.
- Because The Rock was challenging CM Punk for the WWE championship at the Royal Rumble pay-per-view (PPV) this past January, the actual Rumble match didn't go on last like usual. Well, this year it's expected to close the show.
- Batista is the early favorite to win, by the way. Also, WWE has confirmed it will be a 30-man Rumble match.
- There are a couple scenarios at play with John Cena, Randy Orton, and Daniel Bryan. Cena and Orton could rematch in a singles affair for the WWE world heavyweight championship and Cena would enter the Rumble as a later number a while later. It's also now possible there will be a triple threat match with both Cena and Bryan challenging Orton. Both challengers would likely pull double duty for the Rumble match. Either way, Orton is likely leaving with the title.
- If you're one of those people who hate how hard WWE pushes the App, I regret to inform you there won't be any changes going forward. Actually, the company employs a full time staff of roughly 10 employees whose jobs center on creating content for the App.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.