Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Expect a slow week next week in terms of pro wrestling rumors. Both WWE and TNA will close shop for the holidays.
- It seems like it is now a question of "when," not "if," Luke Harper and Erick Rowan of the Wyatt Family will become Tag Team Champions. It is believed that by the time Royal Rumble rolls around, they will be holding the titles.
- There is talk that WWE officials are considering making some cast changes to Total Divas between the end of season 1 and the start of season 2. In particular, it is believed that Jojo is most in danger of losing her spot on the show, while the likely candidate to replace her is AJ Lee. Past rumors indicated that WWE would like to get the Divas title involved on the show in some way, and more recent rumors have suggested that they'd like to make a better connection between Total Divas and their traditional wrestling shows.
- Former FCW champion Richie Steamboat was quietly released from his NXT contract a few weeks ago. Steamboat has been out of action for over a year now with what is said to be a career-threatening back injury.
- Judas Devlin is another NXTer currently dealing with a spinal cord injury. While he remains with the company, his injury is also said to be career-threatening in nature.
- In TNA news, rumors are starting to come out about the negotiations between the company and AJ Styles. It is being said that TNA's final offer to styles was $200,000 per year, but broken up "per appearance." With TNA cutting back on their event schedule, the amount of money Styles would actually have been earning would be much less. Styles had reportedly been earning $350,000 per year in his contract which ended earlier this month.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.