Not to go into detail, but I've had a stressful day. Every time I checked into this evaluation, I laughed out loud at the comments, so thanks for that. My fiance would look over, see me snickering, and ask "what is so damn funny?" This has been by far the most entertaining evaluation so far. You guys really wanted a 0 rating for this one, but alas I'm just going to keep it a simple 1-5 score. Just consider 1 is for the worst of the worst.
So with that said, let's see what you guys love about The Great Khali!
- Nothing - Nada. Zip. Zilch. Zero! (or one in this case). The most loved thing, was nothing, very nice cSs, very nice.
- Company Guy - Okay so this was a true love that he does what the WWE asks of him. He must be decent in the locker room because we've never heard him causing any problems. I'm guessing he's an overall good guy and so do you.
- Chops - From his limited move-set, this is cool to see Khali raise up that large arm and drop pretty much anyone with a might chop!
- Great Weight - He makes guys like Cesaro or Ryback look crazy strong as they lift him off the mat and pull off some insane moves. It's fun watching a giant get tossed around!
- Comedy Segments - Detective Khali was mentioned a few times by you guys. Overall it seems Khali would be better off staying in the back doing this type of work.
Very tough to pick out the best comments, but I'll go with sun yue - "Love: He’s basically a human prop. And in the wacky world of wrestling, that’s okay. He makes guys like Cesaro and Ryback look better. He participates in the dumbest angles just to create disjointed images. He has a clear distinctive role (that most cannot play) and has some value, and for that, he’s worth a 2. There’s enough of a reason to keep him employed (as opposed to say, Cameron)."
It's obvious you guys are in love with Kahli, but come on, what do you loathe?
- Everything - Oh, really everything? Yes, nearly everyone said everything. Many of you guys just don't like anything that he does. It's understandable, he can't really wrestler, talk, dance, run, walk...but he's big?
- Bad Knees - I'm with all of you that it's scary watching him just walk to the ring. He looks like he's going to topple over going down that thing. Then he actually wrestles! It's like Terry Funk, but he was in his 50's/60's.
- In-Ring Work - It's bad and repetitive;, chop, headbutt, headbutt, taunt, punch, kick! Haha just kidding we all know he doesn't kick. On the plus side his matches are almost always under 5 minutes as of late.
- Speaking Skills - Sounds like he has marbles in his mouth. It's a mix of sad, funny, embarrassing, and annoying all at the same time.
- Too Much Airtime - He's not out for long, but he does get more airtime than way better workers that are on the roster. I'm pretty sure Tyson Kidd vs. Justin Gabriel would pass for a decent match over Grandpa Khali's long walk.
Picking only one comment isn't fair since there were so many good ones (seriously read the comments if you skipped over them), but I'll go with Flashking - "That he can barely walk, doesn’t know a wrist lock from a wristwatch, that his salary is insane compared to his actual contributions, his complete lack of understanding of ring psychology and English, and the fact he’s still here and Chris Hero is in the Indies again."
Okay, to the poll...this is going to be bad. With 209 votes, Mr. Khali's average score is a 1.5. Jerry Lawler (2.3 score) is popping the champagne as he is no longer the low mark in the series. Some how there were 11 votes for a 5...11! 11 Trolls! Ah-ah-ah!
Thanks to everyone who commented. Tomorrow we will evaluate a former Tag Champ, until then!