Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- This Sunday's Tables, Ladders, and Chairs event will be the last WWE pay-per-view of 2013, which means Royal Rumble and WrestleMania season are right around the corner. One of the bigger stories out there now Hulk Hogan's likely involvement at WrestleMania XXX and just how he will be used. When rumors first came out a few months ago that WWE was pursuing Hogan following his contract expiration with TNA, there was a lot of talk that WWE wanted him for a "once in a lifetime" match with John Cena. The two sides couldn't agree on the financial terms at the time, but they are still talking, and it is widely believed that Hogan will be signing with WWE come January. However, concerns about Hogan's bad back have apparently nixed any plans for putting him in a match, including a tag team match. WWE would reportedly still like to involve Hogan in some way with John Cena, and is now exploring ideas including Hogan as a ringside "enforcer" or as a special guest referee. Regardless of his role, it would only be surprising if Hogan wasn't involved with the event in some way come April.
- Speaking of WrestleMania XXX, WWE is reportedly still interested in bringing Goldberg back for the event. However, the issues of money and Goldberg's refusal to take a loss remain. The most recent rumors indicated that WWE wanted Goldberg to put Ryback over in a match, but Goldberg didn't want to return just to lose.
- Sheamus revealed in a recent interview that in addition to the torn labrum in his left shoulder that required surgery, he also damaged the labrum in his right shoulder It did not require surgery, but has complicated his rehab. There is currently no set timetable for Sheamus' return to action, though many expect him to make a big return during the Royal Rumble match in January.
- In news likely to disappoint fans of NXT's Leo Kruger, all reports indicate that the change to his new "Adam Rose" character is a permanent one. The 34 year old South African has been with WWE in its developmental leagues since 2010, and at this point, some are wondering if he'll ever get the call up to the main roster.
- Though the expiring contracts of AJ Styles and Sting have made the biggest waves of late when it comes to TNA, the contracts of a host of other TNA talents are also said to be set to expire over the next several months. There is a strong belief backstage that if TNA couldn't or wouldn't put up more money to keep a long time company veteran like Styles, that no one else will be getting raises either. And indeed, many are expected to end up taking pay cuts just to stay employed.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.