Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- In somewhat good news for fans of Daniel Bryan, it is being said that the WWE brass isn't blaming him for the poor SummerSlam buy rates. However, there are at least a few higher ups who believe that the buy rate would have been better if Bryan were a bigger wrestler.
- We mentioned yesterday that Roman Reigns is due for a monster push in 2014, but he will need to learn to keep his feet under him. According to reports from a house show in Dublin, Ireland, Reigns slipped and fell on the entrance ramp prior to a match. This led to humorous chants from the crowd.
- Earlier this week, we mentioned that WWE was working on "Camp WWE," an animated web cartoon. WWE is working on another cartoon as well, titled "Slam City," which will be released in early 2014 along with a new toy line from Mattel. The premise for "Slam City" is said to be that WWE superstars move to a new city and have to get real jobs.
- WWE has promoted former Senior Vice President of Talent Relations, Jane Geddes, to the position of Senior Vice President, Operations for Talent and Live Events. Geddes will be working directly with Triple H organizing WWE's live events. Meanwhile, Triple H's top assistant, Pete Leone, has been let go by the company. These are just a few moves in what is believed will be a major shakeup of within the upper tiers of the company, which may be in preparation for a final push towards getting the WWE Network up and running.
- Speaking of the WWE Network, it is believed that there is an all-cruiserweight show being planned for the network when (if?) it finally launches. The show will be a good spot for WWE to use some of their undersized talents who have otherwise been lost in the main roster shuffle such as Justin Gabriel, Tyson Kidd, and the like.
- WWE has signed fitness model Ashley Sebera to a developmental contract. Sebera, an Ohio native and former gymnast, has reported to the WWE Performance Center to begin wrestling training.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.