Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Rumors out of WWE creative indicate that they've been told to come up with ideas on a way to "fast track" Roman Reigns to the top of the promotion as a babyface. It is believed that he will be positioned for a massive push throughout 2014 and that those in power backstage believe he has the potential to become one of the company's next "face of the franchise" type wrestlers. They like his size and look, and some comparisons have been made between he and his distant cousin, the Rock. The company is also said to see bright futures for Reign's Shield stablemates, Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins, but they are behind Reigns when it comes to getting a push. This also doesn't necessarily mean the Shield will be completely broken up, as it is believed that Ambrose and Rollins could remain together as a duo or have a third member join them, likely someone called up from NXT.
- We had previously mentioned that WWE is considering a heel turn for the Miz, who has floundering on the mid card as a generic face wrestler in recent months. WWE is currently embarking on a European tour and, at a house show in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Miz teased a heel turn, cutting a heel promo before a match against Kofi Kingston.
- Despite recent rumors that Paul Heyman would remain off of WWE television until Brock Lesnar returns sometime in 2014, it is currently being stated that he will be at next week's Raw taping in the UK. It is unknown what role he will be in, since it seems he has been split away from previous clients Ryback and Curtis Axel. It is also not expected that he will resume his feud with CM Punk, who is currently embroiled in a storyline with Daniel Bryan against the Wyatt Family.
- Speaking of pushes, NXT talent Xavier Woods has been backstage with the main roster at the last several television tapings and is said to be set to debut any time now. WWE is said to be setting up a storyline for him where it is believed he will debut as a face.
- AJ Styles is continuing his world tour defending the TNA Heavyweight title (which has officially been declared vacant by the company,) and his next stop is in Japan. It has been announced that Styles will defend the title against Seiya Sanada for the Great Muta's Wrestle-1 promotion on November 21.
- We had previously mentioned that Jeff Jarrett has taken a more active role backstage in TNA due to the company's recent struggles. It has been revealed that Jarrett is the driving force behind Styles defending the TNA title in other promotions, having personally arranged the aforementioned match in Wrestle-1. Jarrett has also been working in an agent role backstage, setting up most of TNA's recent matches.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.