Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Though WrestleMania 30 is still months away, the picture is becoming clearer in regards to some of the potential storylines leading up to the event. Yesterday, we noted that John Cena will likely hold the World Heavyweight Title up to the event, where it is possible that he will battle the WWE champion in a "champion vs. champion" match, which may or may not also be a title unification match. So who might be the WWE champion come next April? Well, current signs are pointing to Randy Orton being that guy. It is currently believed that Orton will go over Big Show, potentially several times in the next few months, as a way to build him up as a strong champion following months of weak victories and even defeats against Daniel Bryan.
- One potentially complicating factor in that plan is Big Show's long-rumored match with Triple H, which was originally slated for Survivor Series before being pushed back to December's TLC pay per view (PPV.) It could be pushed further back into 2014 or even onto the WrestleMania 30 card itself.
- Speaking of things being pushed in to 2014, Rey Mysterio's return may be another thing we won't see until then. Mysterio is not yet back to 100-percent and mentioned in a recent interview that he doesn't want to come back for a short appearance just to miss time with injury soon after. It is believed that both he and WWE want him available for WrestleMania 30 after missing the previous two. Whenever he does return, it is believed that WWE will pair him with Ricardo Rodriguez, who is currently at the Performance Center "learning to wrestle."
- Yesterday, TNA released a memo from Janice Carter, Dixie's mother, in regards to the rumors about the company's sale. In it, she called the rumors "false" and noted that neither the Carter family nor Panda Energy is attempting to sell the company. (It is worth noting that typically, when a company is for sale, they deny all rumors of a sale in order to avoid panicking employees, investors, consumers, and the like...)
- We mentioned previously that TNA has ended its relationship with OVW in a cost cutting move. The TNA signed talent who were working in OVW have been ordered to relocate to Orlando, FL, where TNA is returning to film Impact headed forward.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.