Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Updating the situation with Big Show's knee injury, he is reportedly doing much better. He tweaked in on Saturday, was noticeably limping on Sunday, but felt much better on Monday night.
- Strengthening past rumors, it is currently being said that Rob Van Dam is expected to be back with WWE prior to January's Royal Rumble and will work through WrestleMania 30, and potentially for several months after.
- Another WWE return that is said to be on the horizon is that of Evan Bourne. Bourne has been out dealing with injuries (and a Wellness Policy suspension) since March 2012 save for one brief appearance in NXT earlier this year. Bourne reportedly suffered a setback following that match and has been on the shelf ever since.
- Keeping up the theme of WWE returns, there were some rumors a few months ago that WWE and former Diva Michelle McCool were in talks of a potential McCool return. It is now being said that those talks are "serious," with the plan being for McCool to return in early 2014 for a run up to WrestleMania 30. McCool is famously married to the Undertaker, who would also likely be making his return for a WrestleMania run around that time.
- WWE has hired a new announcer: Seattle based sports anchor Dan Devone. Devone will work as a backstage interviewer and potentially some larger announcing duties down the line.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.