Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WWE is running with the story that Daniel Bryan was injured during the attack by the Wyatt family on Raw. Slight Smackdown spoiler - Bryan did not appear during the taped portion of the show, instead, wrestling a dark match main event against Randy Orton. It is believed that Bryan (along with fellow Wyatt victim CM Punk) will be placed into a traditional Survivor Series match against the Wyatt family at the titular pay per view next month.
- It is believed that Paul Heyman, his feud with CM Punk now over, will be off of WWE television until Brock Lesnar returns. WWE has also reportedly separated him from Ryback due to heat that Ryback has with WWE officials. (No word on what this means for Curtis Axel, but it probably isn't good...)
- Cody Rhodes and Goldust recently gave an interview in which they said that the plan for them to team up and become tag team champions wasn't something that was planned out very far in advance. Goldust also stated that he lost 60 pounds in order get into shape for his return to WWE. Many have lauded the 44 year old Goldust for doing some of the best work of his career during this recent run. Past rumors stated that Goldust had signed a contract which is believed to run through WrestleMania 30, and during which he and Cody will feud.
- WWE is making a concerted effort to expose fans to some of their up and coming NXT talent in order to make the talent's eventual transition to the main roster go more smoothly. WWE had all of their NXT title holders (Bo Dallas, the Ascension, and Paige,) meeting with fans at both Monday and Tuesday's tapings. They also had Sami Zayn wrestle Adrian Neville as a pre-show dark match at Tuesday's Smackdown taping.
- Yesterday, we mentioned that TNA World champ AJ Styles would be defending his title at a AAA taping in Mexico on Sunday as part of a storyline that he has left TNA with the title. It has now been confirmed that his match will be against Judas Mesias. In addition, TNA has removed Styles from the roster section of their website. (For what it's worth, Hulk Hogan has also been removed.) Meanwhile, TNA has declared the World Heavyweight Title to be vacant.
- In other TNA news, the company is converting several shows that were originally scheduled to be Impact tapings, such as the 12/27 even in Philadelphia, PA, into house shows. The last Impact taping on the road, before it returns to a sound stage at Universal Studios, is scheduled for mid-November in Cincinnati, OH.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.