Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- It is expected that, over the coming weeks, it will be revealed that Triple H is the "devil" behind the actions of Bray Wyatt and his family. Seeds were planted on this week's Raw when the Wyatts attacked both Daniel Bryan and CM Punk, and it is expected that those two, plus some others, will take on the Wyatt family (plus one) in a traditional Survivor Series match at the titular pay-per-view (PPV) next month. Another option that was at least under consideration was to have the Wyatt family answering to Vince McMahon, but the WWE brass decided that turning Vince heel wasn't the best option.
- Speaking of Triple H, there is still a possibility that he will be taking on the Big Show at Survivor Series, even though the current story seems to be setting up Big Show vs. Randy Orton. The reason is that WWE wants to rebuild Survivor Series as a "big four" PPV, along with WrestleMania, Royal Rumble, and SummerSlam; a position it has fallen from in recent years. The presence of Triple H in a match would at least give the event a slightly bigger feel.
- Going back to Daniel Bryan for a second, current rumors are that he is, indeed, out of the WWE title for the foreseeable future. Past rumors have suggested that either he or CM Punk could win the Royal Rumble in January to contend for the WWE title at WrestleMania 30.
- The Real Americans surprising win over the tag team champions, Cody Rhodes and Goldust, on Raw is part of the plan to set up a big four-way tag team match at Survivor Series. It is believed that the match will involve the current tag team champions, the Real Americans, the Shield, and likely Los Matadores. (The Usos and the Prime Time Players are said to be in consideration as the fourth team as well.)
- A week after making headlines with his criticism of CM Punk, former WCW wrestler Konnan was at it again this week. When asked on Twitter by a fan who he would write off of TV and who he would push more, Konnan responded by saying that he'd write off Brad Maddox, Jojo, Rosa Mendes, 3MB, Aksana, and Curtis Axel. Axel responded and the two engaged in a war of words over Twitter, with Konnan eventually criticizing Axel for being unable to take criticism. (And FYI, Konnan said he would push Dolph Ziggler and Antonio Cesaro more.)
- In keeping with the current storyline, TNA World Champion AJ Styles will be heading to Mexico this weekend to defend the title at an AAA Lucha Libre taping on Sunday against an opponent to be named this week. In storyline, Styles has taken the title and left the company. (His actual contract is said to run through the end of the year.)
- In other contract rumors, Christopher Daniels said during a recent interview that his contract expires in "the middle of next year." The 43 year old's best days in the ring are behind him, but he has been one of the most consistently entertaining characters on TNA for quite some time now.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.